Loxjie D50 AK4499 DAC
Dec 22, 2020 at 3:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

pollyjingjing

Member of the Trade: SABAJ
There is this new rave of an excellent sounding DAC at an affordable price...

Loxjie D50. Support MQA.

Product Page: https://hifi-express.com/products/loxjie-d50-ak4499-mqa-dac
1.jpg
2.jpg

Dec 22, 2020 at 9:41 PM Post #2 of 10
Looks nice. Lots of features. Looks like good value at $719.

Dec 23, 2020 at 6:38 PM Post #3 of 10
looks identical to the SMSL M400 only with a green screen io blue, and a rounder remote. Only you save a 100.

Feb 23, 2021 at 5:49 AM Post #4 of 10
looks identical to the SMSL M400 only with a green screen io blue, and a rounder remote. Only you save a 100.
Only difference from SMSL M400 is the power supply from toroidal transformer adopted rather than SMSL's proprietary switching power supply.
you can see the weight difference that is due to the weight for the toroidal transformer.
Other than that there is almost identical for layout of pcb, and components.

Feb 24, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #5 of 10
I see there are more differences. I just watched the comparison by Thabamar on YouTube. He shows both on top of eachother, and the size isn't even the same, the Loxije doesn't have a glass top. He also shows the inside: the transformer is regular, there's an off switch on the back, i don't see the 2 separate clockgenerators, and another inputchip. Also in sound there are slight differences, the Loxije is a bit warmer sounding (in a nutshell). So it's a bit less expensive, sounds a bit more analog and has a metal top (I like the glass top but most don't, say it's a 'finger magnet') and a physical off switch. The M400 should (/does) sound a bit cleaner. So, it's a nice alternative.

Aug 28, 2021 at 12:23 AM Post #6 of 10
This DAC is pretty incredible. Been letting it bed in and it’s now really wowing me w it’s naturalness, stage depth, layering and separation. Had it rocking my Atom earlier w the 600 and this rig was just stunningly good. Potent is a good way to describe it. Feel like I have main the pieces in my system now.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #7 of 10
This is probably the best dac for under $1000, and quite good even compared to the best dacs under $2000. Pretty crazy that it's been on sale for $580.. If you're in the market for a dac under $2000, you may want to get this, and spend the rest of the money on better cables.

Dec 11, 2021 at 5:17 PM Post #8 of 10
And what's more, it has an ak4499 dac chip which is rare. Manufacturers had to look for alternatives after the factory fire. So if you want one...

If you say; under a 1000, I wouldn't call it the best without hesitating. It was not my choice after all (there are R2R dacs that are arguably better). If your budget is around €500 then yes. It's a very good deal no matter how you look at it.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2022 at 11:29 PM Post #10 of 10
And what's more, it has an ak4499 dac chip which is rare. Manufacturers had to look for alternatives after the factory fire. So if you want one...

If you say; under a 1000, I wouldn't call it the best without hesitating. It was not my choice after all (there are R2R dacs that are arguably better). If your budget is around €500 then yes. It's a very good deal no matter how you look at it.
Yeah that is probably true. Would also depend on what someone wants out of a dac, MQA or not, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back