lower Mp3 bit rate
Jan 28, 2007 at 10:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

anuhasan

New Head-Fier
I have a few MP3's encoded with 128 bit rate. I want to convert them to a lower bit rate (smaller file size) so that I can dump them in my mobile. Can you please tell me which the software to do so...is? Thank you.

Jan 28, 2007 at 10:22 AM Post #3 of 22
LAME is known to produce the highest quality MP3 files of all the encoders out there.

Jan 28, 2007 at 9:23 PM Post #4 of 22
The SQ is going to take a major hit if you go below 128. You probably know that already, right?

Jan 28, 2007 at 9:58 PM Post #7 of 22
They should ban mobile phones with speakers. I hate them with a passion.

Jan 28, 2007 at 10:12 PM Post #8 of 22
phones without speakers? that just doesn't seem like a good move to me
wink.gif

Jan 28, 2007 at 10:24 PM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ross1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They should ban mobile phones with speakers. I hate them with a passion.

agreed. I hate it when some arrogant hooligan (yea I sure did just say that) thinks that everyone around them wants to hear there music.

Jan 28, 2007 at 10:55 PM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LAME is known to produce the highest quality MP3 files of all the encoders out there.

LAME is known for mid to high bitrates, but for lower I thought even FhG did better. This may have changed recently (last I checked was probably two years ago). Can anyone verify?

anuhasan, does your phone support HE-AAC/AACplus by chance?

Jan 29, 2007 at 2:59 PM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Digitalbath3737 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
agreed. I hate it when some arrogant hooligan (yea I sure did just say that) thinks that everyone around them wants to hear there music.

QFT... Moreover when on the train late at night and two or three are competing against each other to see who can be the loudest / most irritating!!!

...That being said, depending on the model of phone, I also opt for the memory card route (My Nokia N80i has just over 2GB of space, let alone one of the 4GB microdrive phone that are out there
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back