Lower mainland (Vancouver, etc...) Meet - May 8th
Apr 24, 2004 at 6:25 PM Post #16 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demolition
Parking may be a dilemma... the underground garage has a few visitor spots which will be useful for those who are hauling lots of gear. But, if a whole pack of Head-Fier's drive over, where will they park? Parking in the back alley is verboten -- you'll get towed right away. Maybe park at the parkade at Metrotown/Station Square or in the parking lot at Old Orchard and everybody carpool over? Anybody have a bus or giant passenger van with lots of cargo space?
tongue.gif

I do have a SUV with sufficient cargo space for lots of gears, but I might have to leave early for a second party at night
icon10.gif

BTW, where's everyone located? I'm in Richmond.

Apr 25, 2004 at 5:10 AM Post #17 of 45
Trevor,

Is there anywhere else to park at your building, other than in the underground garage? Preferably somewhere that we won't get towed away from.
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkyy
BTW, where's everyone located? I'm in Richmond.

I'm in Burnaby, less than 5 kms away from Trevor's place.

D.

Apr 26, 2004 at 12:12 AM Post #20 of 45
if eric goes i might go with him, and bring my setup, ill have to renew my pesky passport.

Apr 26, 2004 at 2:40 AM Post #21 of 45
Hi Xtreme!

We'd love to have both you and Eric! This could be a great meet. Would love to hear that PPA. I'd also like some more electrostatic loving (Eric)
biggrin.gif

Alex:

Some great gear there! I'm excited to hear the x-can!

All:

There is some underground parking here, but one can also park on "Grange", a street that run perpendicular to me. For reference my address is:

5777 Willingdon Ave.
Burnaby, B.C., V5H 4B1

It's fairly easy to get to. From WA, simply follow your nose down Kingsway straight from the border, and go North on Willingdon ave.

If there are any questions regarding getting here or parking, just shoot me a PM. It'd be great to get a good turn out, and meet those I haven't!

Trevor

Apr 26, 2004 at 3:03 AM Post #22 of 45
I guess I wouldn't have much excuse not to show up... I live at Joyce and I hang at Metrotown almost every day. I could bring some of my DACs, maybe a PACE if I have one at that time, and defnitely my current DAC prototype, and Silver Lace interconnect. Perhaps DT-931 if noone else has it. I could bring my modded SACD 775 but I don't have a car. It seems you'll have quite a lot of good gear there.

Apr 26, 2004 at 3:30 AM Post #23 of 45
AOS - ironically I've been considering contacting you regarding one of your DAC's. They seem to be getting rave reviews! So if you're willing to bring your DAC's I'd be more than happy to whip by and pick you up. I just have to work around this kids birthday party, but if the meet is going to be a lengthy one, then for sure I can attend part of the meet.

I'll fire you a pm when I find out more details about my other commitments and my availability for this meet.

I have a set of DT 990 Pros that I can bring.

Apr 26, 2004 at 4:34 AM Post #24 of 45
Oh, that's not necessary, I can pack DACs in a bag, and I definitely have at least one PPA that I can bring; I hope I can bring two of them, one with diamond buffer, but it won't be in enclosure. It's just the SACD player I'd not like to carry but I'm not sure if anyone cares about 775 anyhow. I can bring my PCDP with optical out though.

Apr 26, 2004 at 6:42 AM Post #25 of 45
AOS:

I'm very much interested in the 775
smily_headphones1.gif
I've been considering an SACD player, and would love to do some SACD -> redbook comparisons. I've also been considering a DAC. AOS, you're more than welcome to attend. I'll add your name to the top.

All:

I am emailing Jude, and making this one official. The official time will be:

Saturday May 8th at 1:00p

BTW: If someone can go ahead and bring one of those "Church" tables for gear. That'd be just great...

/lumbergh
biggrin.gif

Also We'll need sources, and power bars / conditioners, and music! I am expecting some interesting stuff on HDCD as well in the next week.

Bring pop / beer / whatever. I'll personally purchase some Pepsi, and Rickard's.

Cheers!

Trevor

Apr 26, 2004 at 10:19 AM Post #26 of 45
aos,

I'm only a few kms from your place. If Watchdog is unable to get out of his prior committment, then I can pick you up. That way, you'll be able to bring your modded SACD player.

D.

Apr 28, 2004 at 7:02 PM Post #27 of 45
Just over a week to go
smily_headphones1.gif
I've PM'd Jude regarding the meet being official, but he has not read my PM yet. Hmmmm...
rolleyes.gif
I look forward to meeting all of you, and having a great afternoon/evening. Again, if you need directions, or any other info, feel free to PM me. Let's make this a good one!

Cheers!

Trevor

Apr 29, 2004 at 12:29 AM Post #28 of 45
Guys, I just remembered -- my school's prom is on May 8th!

Sorry
frown.gif

It's a shame, too -- I was looking forward to meeting some of you guys.

Apr 29, 2004 at 4:59 AM Post #29 of 45
i might be able to make it ... i asked larry and ppl and they might go as well. i still need to talk to trevor about the details ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back