Lower mainland (Vancouver, etc...) Meet - May 8th
Apr 29, 2004 at 5:01 PM Post #32 of 45
It's next Saturday, on May 8th. So you're in luck!
biggrin.gif

Trevor

Apr 30, 2004 at 4:04 AM Post #33 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by zoboomofo
Just wanted to check in here. I'll probably make it if it's in the afternoon 2 Saturdays from now.

Will you be bringing any of the gear listed in your profile (e.g. Arcam Alpha 8se, MPX3, etc.)? Having another source at the meet would be a good thing.

By the way, Happy Birthday!
smily_headphones1.gif

D.

Apr 30, 2004 at 6:17 AM Post #34 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demolition
Will you be bringing any of the gear listed in your profile (e.g. Arcam Alpha 8se, MPX3, etc.)? Having another source at the meet would be a good thing.

By the way, Happy Birthday!
smily_headphones1.gif

D.

Thanks. At the top of the 'To bring' list is the mpx3. I can prob'ly tote the di/o and upsampler as well. The cd player looks to be a bit much for me to lug around. I'll be moving around lots on that day.

May 2, 2004 at 7:43 PM Post #35 of 45
Well, it looks like everything is going great. We have newbies, and veterans alike coming! This should be a great experience for all. I look forward to meeting all of you! Please PM or call me to confirm you're coming, and receive directions, and such. A warm welcome to the new head-fi'ers attending as well.

Cheers!

Trevor

PS. Sorry about your wallet!

May 4, 2004 at 1:24 AM Post #36 of 45
Hello Guys!
My 1st post...after so much time coming to this great site. The only headphones i have is the old sennheiser HD 545, bought so many years ago, but the cat destroyed the cable 3 years ago, soo no phones for so long...I´m a total headphone virgin, dreaming about hearing the famous electrostatics, HD650, CD3000, RS1 and of course the Great Etymotics ER4S!!
I´m looking forward to going to my 1st meeting on Saturday.
I´ll bring some music, drinks and my ears ready to have multiple eargasms.

Toni

May 4, 2004 at 2:05 AM Post #37 of 45
Turns out the kid's birthday party I'm going to is at 5 pm, so I'll be there for the start, but I'll have to duck out early.

AOS, if you'd like a ride send me a pm and we can get in touch by phone.

May 4, 2004 at 8:03 AM Post #38 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lusamars
Hello Guys!
My 1st post...after so much time coming to this great site. The only headphones i have is the old sennheiser HD 545, bought so many years ago, but the cat destroyed the cable 3 years ago, soo no phones for so long...I´m a total headphone virgin, dreaming about hearing the famous electrostatics, HD650, CD3000, RS1 and of course the Great Etymotics ER4S!!
I´m looking forward to going to my 1st meeting on Saturday.
I´ll bring some music, drinks and my ears ready to have multiple eargasms.

Toni

Hi Toni,

Welcome to Head-Fi! Glad to hear that you will attend the meet. This will be a great way to be exposed to all kinds of interesting headphone gear. Looking forward to meeting you!
smily_headphones1.gif

By the way, you should bring your HD 545 to the meet. If I'm not mistaken, the 545 uses the same cable/connector type as the HD 580/600/650 series. We will have 580s and 650s with stock and aftermarket cables at the meet, and there might be an opportunity to try these cables with your 540s. Especially if you have the older 540 Reference headphones, then the aftermarket cables may work very well with them.

D.

May 5, 2004 at 10:20 PM Post #39 of 45
ehhh, me and steelblayde are bringing our gear which be:

Wilson M. Omega2's - yeah another pair
My PPA with LabPower
Eric343's cable stock
Senn 580s
Grado MSPros
Grado HP1
toshiba sd4900 budget dvda player

other possible gear we may bring and are trying to arrange:
eric343's arcam 72t cdp
wilson m. meridian 507 cdp with cables
wilson m. modded melos
eric343s mghead
top ramen to jump start are venture into getting new gear of course this is merely for show and is just celebratory like .....yeah
larry and ppl of course not gear but people aheh yeah that would be cool

oh yeah and music we got tunes that some of you may like.

-sergio aka xtreme4099
doug aka steeleblayde

May 5, 2004 at 10:57 PM Post #40 of 45
my audio-technica / grado headphones and I will be at the meet in spirit... wish I could go.
frown.gif
remember to take lots of pictures.
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2004 at 1:04 AM Post #41 of 45
Just a quick note...

If anybody has extra power conditioners/regenerators, power strips, and/or extension cords that they'd be willing to lug down, then that would be appreciated.

Thanks,

D.

May 7, 2004 at 6:16 AM Post #43 of 45
I'll be able to bring the first PACE with diamond buffer as well as two Piccolo's and I could bring the next generation prototype (it'd be a big mess of wires so I'll think about it). I'm looking forward to hearing some non-DIY gear - I have no commercial stuff myself except for speaker-related equipment.

May 7, 2004 at 7:05 AM Post #44 of 45
btw larry and phil wont be able to make it ...but im dropping by larrys place tommorow and picking up phils amp to take to the meet, he's optimized his amp for low impedence phones, sony, grados. im leaving my toshiba dvda player i lent it to a friend is why, darn, i have like 12 dvd-a i could bring, im also bringing my two pdcp's phillips z6832, and 6833 from duncans review, did i mention these have the best line out ive heard outta a portable, well i let you guys be the judge.

May 7, 2004 at 8:02 PM Post #45 of 45
Too bad Phil won't be there, it would have been nice to meet the designer of the PPA. At least AOS will be there
biggrin.gif

I recommend you tell customs about all the gear you're bringing with up. You certainly wouldn't want to be going home and have them say you need to pay duty on all the stuff you've brought up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back