Low budget PC speaker system
Aug 28, 2013 at 10:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Darkindy

New Head-Fier
I want to buy some bookshelf speakers to replace my PC speakers (Logitech LS21). I can assume that bookshelf speakers will definitely be better than these PC speakers right?

Anyway, I've been recommended to get the Wharfedale Diamonds 9.0 along side with a Lepai LP2020A+ amp. Is this good enough for usage in a bedroom? The bedroom size is on this link but it's not fully shown in the picture. Sorry!

http://i.imgur.com/xLtO6F6.jpg

Also, the cables that I would need will be speaker cables and a 3.5mm input cable right? Can I just get any ordinary cables for these or is there a specific brand etc that I should get?

Thanks!

Aug 28, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #2 of 6
I actually have a Lepai TA2020 based amp with 89dB bookies for a PC audio set up and yes sometimes i turn it up and listen from a chair/bed and from 9-10 feet away they are fine
L3000.gif

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #3 of 6
Ah ok thanks! How is the bass on these 9.0 by the way? I'll be living in a student accommodation so I don't want it to be shaking the whole place about but is there some vibration?

Aug 31, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #6 of 6
That Wharfedale Diamond 9.0 and Lepai will be a nice setup for the price. When you get to where you want to disturb the neighbors with extra bass, then you can get a sub :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back