Low bit-rate
Jan 2, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #16 of 27
I have heard that the ER4 are incredibly analytical, and therefore will easily expose the flaws in your 128 kbps files (probably poorly encoded and got through limewire or something.. don't have your CDs anymore?
wink.gif
).

Jan 2, 2008 at 6:11 PM Post #17 of 27
Have a look at the Altec Lansing IM716. A trade speaks about these and they seems very similar to the er4p, but only for 50 $ !!
Moreover, a mod allow you to find a good sound in removing the volume pod and adding 47 ohm of resistance. That's looks very interesting, IMO.
Finally, the Shure don't seem to be as good as they could.
At the same price, you can get the Ultimate ears super fi 5 pro (150$ on ebay), and they have a second driver, which helps much the bass.

Jan 2, 2008 at 7:34 PM Post #19 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by spickerish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the advice. But is there a program where I can turn 128kbs into higher bits since I don't have all my old cd's anymore.

That's a big FAT NEGATIVE.

Shouldn't stop u from buying the ER4 though... surely yer not stopping adding to your collection... and I would slowly, don't have to do it in one day/sitting, find the CD of my favorites and re-rip those.

Jan 2, 2008 at 7:35 PM Post #20 of 27
Sadly there's no happy medium here. If you want to upgrade to a higher quality rig, you'll soon want better quality audio. For the minute I'd hold off upgrading your equipment until you've got a music library to match, that's not to say you won't hear an improvement but it won't be as large as possible.

Jan 4, 2008 at 1:40 AM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As everyone else has said, it's impossible.

While you can technically use a converter and convert a 128 kbps file into a 192 kbps file, it will sound worse than the original 128 kbps file did. You're basically taking an already highly compressed file and compressing it again.

--------
Are you sure you are compressing it some more? Isn't there enough room in 192 kbps for all of the 128 kbps information without requiring any further removal?

Jan 4, 2008 at 1:53 AM Post #25 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodiot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
--------
Are you sure you are compressing it some more? Isn't there enough room in 192 kbps for all of the 128 kbps information without requiring any further removal?

No offense but you don't have the slightest clue what compression is.

Try wikipedia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back