Love Shure Se 530 but not enough budget what to get instead.
Jul 10, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #2 of 9
Shure SE215. Dynamics, but they've got all Shure melodical level with beautiful mids. Try them.
Their sound are on a much more money than they costs.

Jul 10, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #4 of 9
How do you know you love the shure se530 sound signiture?

Have you heard them?

If you have then I'll say get the shure se315. They are very similar nearly as good/as good/better) to the se 535 which are meant to be an upgrade, definitely not a downgrade, to the se530. I liked the se315's better.

If you haven't heard the 530's then i'm not so sure. You may struggle with the comfort side of things or the sound signiture people give it may be misleading. Reading reviews about the way a headphone sounds are only ever helpful at best. I mean they never are conclusive in that there is a chance that a headphone rated awesomly by 90% of folk here sounds like complete and utter garbage. Actually, I remember I tested for a decent time the beats by dre solo hd versus the headfi-loved sennheiser hd25's. My god, both sounded crap BUT the beats were better!!! Yep- better in sound. I could mention worse examples where reviews mean jack all but there's no point. 

Jul 10, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #5 of 9
Also one to consider is the Creative Aurvana IE3 which has the same mid-centric sound of the Shures and really sound pretty much just as good as the SE425 (I know because I have both) and they only cost $100.  They're a dual BA like the SE425 so for someone on a budget that wants the 530 sound the Aurvana IE3 is a good choice.

Jul 11, 2012 at 6:40 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:
Also one to consider is the Creative Aurvana IE3 which has the same mid-centric sound of the Shures and really sound pretty much just as good as the SE425 (I know because I have both) and they only cost $100.  They're a dual BA like the SE425 so for someone on a budget that wants the 530 sound the Aurvana IE3 is a good choice.

How do they compare comfort wise.

Do they use the same size eartips and how does the shape of their body's compare. And oh- how about the cables (do you like the memory section on the shures??)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back