Love my Scout! Now I need a cleaning machine!
Aug 24, 2004 at 2:31 PM Post #16 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by marios_mar
does that include the Scout?

So far yes but I haven't been able to listen to the Scout yet w/ my new phono stage (XR-2) as I managed to snap the needle off my cartridge and am still waiting for it to be repaired. I'll let you know when the cartridge gets back.
The Meridian has the best bass I've ever heard from a cdp. I think the Scout was somewhat hampered by a mediocre phono stage thus far. Soundstage of the Scout is incredible/ jury is still out on tone. Probably more a function of cartridge and stage than of the TT itself anyway.
CPW

Aug 24, 2004 at 4:57 PM Post #17 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by cpw
So far yes but I haven't been able to listen to the Scout yet w/ my new phono stage (XR-2) as I managed to snap the needle off my cartridge and am still waiting for it to be repaired. I'll let you know when the cartridge gets back.
The Meridian has the best bass I've ever heard from a cdp. I think the Scout was somewhat hampered by a mediocre phono stage thus far. Soundstage of the Scout is incredible/ jury is still out on tone. Probably more a function of cartridge and stage than of the TT itself anyway.
CPW

it seems really strange to get better bass from a CDP than a great TT.

congradts on snapping the needle, now that is one nasty thing to happen!!

I will be waiting for your impressions, though it seems hard for me to believe that a digital combo beats a similarly priced analog system.

Aug 24, 2004 at 9:53 PM Post #18 of 35
Quote:

it seems really strange to get better bass from a CDP than a great TT.

congradts on snapping the needle, now that is one nasty thing to happen!!

I will be waiting for your impressions, though it seems hard for me to believe that a digital combo beats a similarly priced analog system.

My hope is that the Scout will really shine w/ the new stage and finally make me prefer vinyl to the Meridian. (I'll still need a record cleaner I'm afraid.)
CPW

Sep 9, 2004 at 6:58 PM Post #20 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by cpw
PS. I counted and only 37 CDs, 29 LPs (9 in the mail) since I came here. That's not so bad, right?

Bad? It's terrible! You should have gotten much more vinyl.

Oct 12, 2004 at 3:44 AM Post #21 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by cpw
What can I say. I'm a gear whoor! I think the SACMODS package on the 963a, a subwoofer and a record cleaning machine will put this system at rest for quite some time.
I am really enjoying vinyl hunting but used records make the need for a clening machine ever more apparent.
CPW

Well I did send the 963 off to SACDmods today so that was a good prediction. The Stealth I ordered on Saturday...!
And I still need a cleaning machine.
CPW

Oct 13, 2004 at 3:49 AM Post #22 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by cpw
Well I did send the 963 off to SACDmods today so that was a good prediction. The Stealth I ordered on Saturday...!
And I still need a cleaning machine.
CPW

I just heard the VPI 16.5 that I have in stock calling your name. It was faint but I heard it clear as can be.And it said it has always want to live in NV. where it won't be taxed for all of its hard work. And your records will love you for it. And don't forget to get some vinyl zyme - the best record cleaner I have ever used.
biggrin.gif

Todd

Oct 13, 2004 at 4:02 AM Post #23 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd
I just heard the VPI 16.5 that I have in stock calling your name. It was faint but I heard it clear as can be.And it said it has always want to live in NV. where it won't be taxed for all of its hard work. And your records will love you for it. And don't forget to get some vinyl zyme - the best record cleaner I have ever used.
biggrin.gif

Todd

Yes, I think I hear it too!!!
No wait. I don't think it's the VPI saying "buy me". I think it's the Stealth saying "pay for me!" Yes, that's it.
As for the vinyl zyme, you already sold me enough concentrate to clean your collection. By the way, that stuff's great on my hair. Is that indicative of fungus?
CPW
PS You got a cheap tuna around? FM not samich! I gotta move my NAD receiver into the garage. (Wife found out about the Stealth!)

Oct 13, 2004 at 8:17 PM Post #24 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by cpw
I came to this site a few months ago for a portable headphone amp and here's what I've bought since:
Solus Rack
Headphone rig cabinet
Banana Hanger
About 40 LPs
About 50 CDs

Why do I think it won't stop w/ a record cleaning machine?!
Somebody help me!
CPW

Buying a banana hanger under the radar is a dead giveaway that you are ready for intensive therapy! The doctor will see you now.
wink.gif

[size=xx-small]I only posted this here because I am also scouting out a record cleaning machine myself... so I can call the kettle black![/size]

Oct 15, 2004 at 3:37 AM Post #25 of 35
Voodoochile said:
Buying a banana hanger under the radar is a dead giveaway that you are ready for intensive therapy! The doctor will see you now.
wink.gif

About the fungus?
CPW

Oct 15, 2004 at 2:47 PM Post #26 of 35
I hope not!
The need for the record cleaner is painfully obvious to me already. I saw it coming, but you hope that something simpler would work. I guess my vinyl is pretty dirty though.

I think you should start 'Team Stealth Banana Hanger'!

Oct 15, 2004 at 10:00 PM Post #27 of 35
everyone keeps saying what wonders a cleaning machine will do. I have to hear to believe. You think I should go with a couple of records to the dealer to check it out?

Is the VPI 16.5 much better than the nitty gritty or do you pay all that extra money for the automatic cleaning?

Oct 20, 2004 at 10:41 PM Post #29 of 35
Quote:

cpw

1. Did the 963 come back yet? Will you give us impressions?
2. How does your meridian compare to your anlog rig?

1)I really like the Meridian and I must admit that many titles sound better on it. Hoewever, I also have some records that really do sound better on the vinyl. I'm not 100% convinced that I have the Scout set up optimally. I've got new ICs coming which I think will make a big difference and I think The Stealth as my new Preamp will make a big difference too. I need to double check cart alignment as well. In other words, the jury is still out but the good news is there won't be any losers!
2) Modded 963 is scheduled for delivery on Friday 10/22. I let you guys know how it is.
CPW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back