Lotoo's new product: Lotoo Paw Pico, a 27g ultra-portable music player, DSD compatible, Bluetooth
Nov 17, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #62 of 242
Nov 17, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #63 of 242
  why???

In these early days of this budding audiophile I haven't heard of too many dap/iem combo's which won't benefit from an amp....just my limited experience talking.
I am also looking for a dacamp to use with my computer and in a portable stack whenever it's required. So far my Havi's don't seem very happy with standalone daps other than the N5. Granted, my experience and gear cache are both quite limited thus far.

Nov 17, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #64 of 242

In these early days of this budding audiophile I haven't heard of too many dap/iem combo's which won't benefit from an amp....just my limited experience talking.

You should try LPG.  No amp needed.

Nov 18, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #66 of 242
what I have at the moment is an early prototype only. What I can tell this far: it has 32GB bult in memory, the prototype I have does not support micro SD cards and can play the same files like Lotoo Paw 5000.

at this point I could not connect it to my phone, but don't forget that this is a product which has no screen and I got no user manual which makes testing its limits pretty hard :) 

did not have the chence yet to try it out with a high impadence headphone to test what it can or can't play.

I'm still in love, however, I do not know whether there are available this portable dsd players on the market or not.

Nov 18, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #67 of 242

I completely agree.

PAW 5000 on order, a compromise for sure but a second player is always a good thing to have. I'll take the step up to reference class with my next purchase. I'm curious what the Cayin N6 upgrade will bring.....maybe the LPG will also be updated. For now I'm looking for a suitable dacamp for the 5000, and the Pico is on my list as well.

Dec 2, 2016 at 9:17 PM Post #69 of 242
The main question is if it has usb dac or bluetooth capabilities. I know the paw 5000 never got usb dac software and the bluetooth performance was lackluster, but i think it is really necessary for such a small player with no screen.   Especially when compared to the shanling m1, which has every feature one could ask for.

Dec 2, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #70 of 242
What DAC does it use?

Dec 18, 2016 at 1:11 AM Post #73 of 242
I was there and saw it but I don't know if it was functional. I don't speak Japanese but I tried asking some questions but couldn't get any useful info. I hope this isn't vaporware! 

Dec 18, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #74 of 242
  I was there and saw it but I don't know if it was functional. I don't speak Japanese but I tried asking some questions but couldn't get any useful info. I hope this isn't vaporware! 

Been told by Lotoo rep it's definitely a go, they just need to finish the app for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back