Lotoo PAW S2 USB DAC AMP 150 mW@32 ohm 4.4 , MQA - New Firmware released 26 January 2.0.0.5 link added first post.
Jan 26, 2022 at 6:12 AM Post #301 of 443
Does the Play/Pause button work for anyone?

I have tried multiple firmware versions (v2.0.0.4, v2.0.0.5) on multiple devices (Windows 11 PC, OnePlus 6 Android 11 Phone) all through Tidal (latest updated version on both Phone and PC with exclusive mode granted) but the Play/Pause button never does anything.

Everything else seems to work flawlessly so far - bit perfect playback, mqa, volume control, exclusive mode, etc. just the Play/Pause button isn't working...
Here on IOS iPad the Play-Pause button is working without any problem (Firmware version 2.0.0.5)

Jan 26, 2022 at 6:21 AM Post #302 of 443
Awesome! New firmware - looking forward to seeing more feedback on this thread so I can be sure of whether to install it.

Jan 26, 2022 at 12:13 PM Post #303 of 443
Does the Play/Pause button work for anyone?

I have tried multiple firmware versions (v2.0.0.4, v2.0.0.5) on multiple devices (Windows 11 PC, OnePlus 6 Android 11 Phone) all through Tidal (latest updated version on both Phone and PC with exclusive mode granted) but the Play/Pause button never does anything.

Everything else seems to work flawlessly so far - bit perfect playback, mqa, volume control, exclusive mode, etc. just the Play/Pause button isn't working...
Yes, it works for me. It has to be something wrong with the button.

Has it never worked for you?

Jan 26, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #304 of 443
Yes, it works for me. It has to be something wrong with the button.

Has it never worked for you?
It's never worked on any of my devices :frowning2:

Are you using android/PC and tidal? Wondering if it's the device itself or the integration with what it's connected to...

**Update: It does work in both Spotify and Tidal but only when Exclusive mode is not in use i.e. when not enabling bit-perfect playback. So that shows the button is fine but there is a bug in either the firmware or Tidal when in exclusive mode!

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2022 at 7:53 PM Post #305 of 443
Full review here.

Jan 30, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #307 of 443
Hello all,

I’ve been using an iPhone with my Lotoo PAW S2 dangle and deploying a variety of tricks to get better and better sound from my Plunge Audio Universal Planar IEM (independently powering the Lotoo with its in own battery, adding the Oriolus BA300S tube output stage).

I’ve been very happy with the results, but, like NJoyzAudio and JML, I keep breaking the data conductors in my Lightning to USB-C cables. In three or four months I’ve broken three Lotoo cables (2 long and 1 short), one ddHIFI, one Penon, one Woo Audio, and five Meernova from Amazon (this is a collection of some of the cables I’ve broken).

I’ve had the best luck with the Woo and the Meernova’s from Amazon, but even they only last weeks. With experience, I’ve learned to minimize cable movement, and that’s helped, but I still have to unplug the lightening connector to charge my phone.

I’m thinking of buying a DAP just to avoid this problem. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Thermist
i'm in the same boat as you. My first original cable is useless after 4 walks.... so i can either spend min 15$ every three months for a new cable or eliminate one cable connection and buy a DAP. I have a Dan Clark Aeon 2 Open Headset, so it needs a bit of power.....
Any frecommendations for a DAP whioc has the same soundquality as a LoToo S1/S2?

Feb 5, 2022 at 11:03 AM Post #309 of 443
i'm in the same boat as you. My first original cable is useless after 4 walks.... so i can either spend min 15$ every three months for a new cable or eliminate one cable connection and buy a DAP. I have a Dan Clark Aeon 2 Open Headset, so it needs a bit of power.....
Any frecommendations for a DAP whioc has the same soundquality as a LoToo S1/S2?
My cable broke quite quickly as well, one week after purchase the signal got cut from time to time. Two more weeks later and it was unusable.
I have a Sony WM1A which was supposed to be replaced by the S2. The cable issues and the issue with the 96 kHz made me change my mind. Also, I felt the sound quality of the Sony was ever so slightly to my taste. I felt it was a tiny bit more natural, a tiny bit more refined, a tiny bit more laid back. This what I heard.

Feb 7, 2022 at 2:47 AM Post #310 of 443
My cable broke quite quickly as well, one week after purchase the signal got cut from time to time. Two more weeks later and it was unusable.
I have a Sony WM1A which was supposed to be replaced by the S2. The cable issues and the issue with the 96 kHz made me change my mind. Also, I felt the sound quality of the Sony was ever so slightly to my taste. I felt it was a tiny bit more natural, a tiny bit more refined, a tiny bit more laid back. This what I heard.
thanks, not quite clear from your answer, do you have cable issues with USB-C or lighting cables?

Feb 7, 2022 at 12:09 PM Post #313 of 443
There are many short USB-C cables that will work fine, including flat and round variants. I tested several that I had on hand and I found that USB-C 3.2 Gen. 2 and Thunderbolt 3 cables all worked perfectly.

The Lightning OTG to USB-C cables are a different story - hard to find and apparently quite fragile.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2022 at 5:04 PM Post #315 of 443
The Fiio Lt-L1 lightning to usb C cable is a good one. Cheaper than the Lotoo offering and better build quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back