Lotoo PAW S2 USB DAC AMP 150 mW@32 ohm 4.4 , MQA - New Firmware released 26 January 2.0.0.5 link added first post.
Oct 14, 2021 at 6:25 AM Post #91 of 443
Does the USB-C to Lightning cable come with the S2?

Optional accessory, Musicteck sells it separately. So, for example, W2 comes with both, but cost more. S2 cost less, but when you add lightning otg cable, the total price is the same.

Oct 14, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #93 of 443
For people using just single ended and IEMs I think the S2 will be a better choice compared to W2 because of the extra features.

I have S2 and W2 in front of me, and S2 balance output has the same technical performance as W2. The main sound difference, W2 is a little brighter, being slightly more revealing, while S2 tonality is more neutral, being slightly more natural in comparison. The value/price is the same, while S2 draws less current and offers more features. Lotoo tipped the scale in this comparison to W2.

Oct 14, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #94 of 443
Lu88

Merci d'avoir posté les informations de précommande !
J'ai regardé de temps en temps sur Musicteck pour voir si une pré-commande a été annoncée, et j'ai raté la vérification hier, donc c'était bon de voir votre message !

Avoir passé une pré-commande
La fonction Line Out est vraiment ce que je recherche, et sachant qu'elle aura des caractéristiques sonores similaires à celles du S1 que je possède déjà
Je veux la fonction Line Out pour que je puisse rediriger le contenu source de mon PC ou de mon téléphone vers mon Cayin C9
J'adore le Lotoo Sound Signature (posséder un PAW 6000 et un PAW S1) et c'est encore mieux en utilisant le mode Line Out/Pre-Amp de mon PAW 6K, mais je voulais un moyen plus simple d'avoir une sortie ligne câblée depuis mon ordinateur ou mon téléphone sans devez passer à un autre appareil DAC autonome.
Le S2 fera parfaitement l'affaire

Merci encore d'avoir posté les informations de précommande !
Good evening,
I would like more details on the Line out function of the Paw S2. I do not see anything on this subject in the description of the Paw S2 on the Lotoo site. Is this a reality or a future update will allow this function? 4.4mm and 3.5mm outputs are not mentioned as LO. Thanks for your answers and excuse my English.
Best regards.

Oct 14, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #95 of 443
Good evening,
I would like more details on the Line out function of the Paw S2. I do not see anything on this subject in the description of the Paw S2 on the Lotoo site. Is this a reality or a future update will allow this function? 4.4mm and 3.5mm outputs are not mentioned as LO. Thanks for your answers and excuse my English.
Best regards.

According to Lotoo, LO functionality will be added in the future via fw.

Oct 14, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #97 of 443
I have S2 and W2 in front of me, and S2 balance output has the same technical performance as W2. The main sound difference, W2 is a little brighter, being slightly more revealing, while S2 tonality is more neutral, being slightly more natural in comparison. The value / price is the same, while S2 draws less current and offers more features. Lotoo tipped the scale in this comparison to W2.
For me as I use only the single ended (for now) 125mW is enough for IEMs. I loved the S1 but it was weak only 70 mW @ 32 ohm so I will definitely get the S2 for the other great features.
I still enjoy my W2 very much, but the S2 seems to be heading same direction and a bit further.
Will there be a leather or silicone case for the S2?

Oct 14, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #98 of 443
I have S2 and W2 in front of me, and S2 balance output has the same technical performance as W2. The main sound difference, W2 is a little brighter, being slightly more revealing, while S2 tonality is more neutral, being slightly more natural in comparison. The value/price is the same, while S2 draws less current and offers more features. Lotoo tipped the scale in this comparison to W2.
I have the S1 and W2. Any reason to add the S2? I understand the benefit of audio controls on the S2, but other than that any sound/performance benefits?

Oct 14, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #99 of 443
I have the S1 and W2. Any reason to add the S2? I understand the benefit of audio controls on the S2, but other than that any sound/performance benefits?

If you don't care about audio playback controls, the only other reason to get S2 if you are using W2 and iPhone and it stutters at higher volume due to higher current draw of W2.

Oct 14, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #100 of 443
If you don't care about audio playback controls, the only other reason to get S2 if you are using W2 and iPhone and it stutters at higher volume due to higher current draw of W2.
Thanks. I use Android phones at the moment, so looks like I am covered for now.

Oct 14, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #101 of 443
And let’s not forget that you can upgrade the S2 on a Mac. It’s unfathomable that at the W2 price point, L&P can’t pay someone in China to develop a Mac program or some workaround that doesn’t entail me installing another OS on my computer.

Oct 14, 2021 at 5:56 PM Post #102 of 443

Paw S2 vs Paw S1​

>Lotoo has redesigned the audio chipset for a better experience with lower distortion and darker background than the former model.

>Paw S2 has improved output power(150mW vs 125mW of S1).

>With redesigned electrical chipset, the power draw of S2 is lower than the S1.

>New added PMEQ and ATE presets.

>Longer, better quality cables.

>Out of the box MQA support(had to do firmware upgrade on S1 for it).

Oct 14, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #103 of 443
Will have some soon. But as a spoiler, S2 approached W2 level of technical performance, close enough. Even their pricing is the same if you factor in new Lotoo S2 lighting cable (also updated). There is some difference in tonality, need to spend a little more time to collect my notes, but I think S2 might be edging W2 now out because it offers full remote control playback (play/pause/skip), carry on belt clip, and less current draw to make it friendlier with iPhones.
I only have the "lowly" W1 and it is a battery hog. My S1 is much more mobile phone-friendly. $269 puts the S2 in a price range that gives me pause. I think, "a W3 is probably right around the corner". if I am spending that much for the S2, why not wait until the W3 is released to compare?. Then the new Earmen unit will be released soon...

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2021 at 7:18 PM Post #104 of 443

Paw S2 vs Paw S1​

>Lotoo has redesigned the audio chipset for a better experience with lower distortion and darker background than the former model.

I can see the S2 is a clear upgrade over the S1, but appears to be less so over the W2. I do like the play controls on the S2 over the W2, but other than that (and MQA if you are into that), seems I am pretty well covered until the next great thing :)

Oct 14, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #105 of 443

Paw S2 vs Paw S1​

Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back