Lotoo PAW S1 USB Dac/Amp Impressions Thread
Aug 6, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #16 of 20
Thinking about picking one up to take to the office with a set of IEMs.

Sep 7, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #18 of 20
I made an in-depth written review, soon to upload on head-fi too, about the lotoo paw s1! :)

I found it to be great, not many cons, although the price is not the most pocket-friendly one, it still sounds amazing, has EQ, and a nice overall amount of driving power as a bonus!

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2020/09/6000-hands-of-awesome-lotoo-paw-s1.html

Lotoo-PAW-S1-DAC-AMP-Balanced-4.4mm-3.5mm-Smartphone-Powered-EQ-AKM-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-16.jpg

Nov 17, 2020 at 7:50 AM Post #19 of 20
Has anyone got a Fiio BTR5 to compare this too? And, a bit of a long shot, comparing the PAW S1 and BTR5 using Audiosense T800!?!

I'm wondering if the BTR5 would be the better option as I'm sure I read that T800's require a good amount of power, which the BTR5 has....

Or will the PAW S1 be ample?

EDIT: Having clicked the link posted above mine, they say the PAW S1 has more driving power 'BTR5 being that it has less driving power', but I also read the BTR5 had more... 'The experience with these two products is quite different. The PAW S1 is less traditional in purposing whereas the BTR5 has better power. If only the features from both could be merged it would be heavenly.'

Taken from this review

Sorry to be noob, but that's exactly what I am with regard to impedance/ohm's/mW etc etc.

Basically the PAW S1, as you all know, can produce 120mW/ch @32 ohm using 4.4mm port
Whereas the BTR5 has 220mW/ch @32 ohm, but that's using 2.5mm.

I doubt that the port size matters for output, or does it!? Seems a massive output diff. between the two

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back