Lotoo PAW S1 - Designed for HIFI on the go with Lotoo PAW quality and the first USB DAC-AMP with dual 3.5mm & 4.4mm output
Dec 21, 2021 at 5:23 AM Post #2,252 of 2,329
Dec 21, 2021 at 5:31 AM Post #2,256 of 2,329
In the line out mode, the volume is very loud even if the phone volume is adjusted down to almost zero. Am I missing something?
This is how it should be, exactly at 100%, because this setting is not for headphones, but an external linear amplifier.

Dec 21, 2021 at 5:39 AM Post #2,259 of 2,329
I lost track of S1 developments, but great to see line out in new FW. Just tried it with a Cayin C9 and WP900 - very clean and dynamic sounding. Kudos to Lotoo for keeping things fresh.

20211221_113640.jpg

Dec 21, 2021 at 5:42 AM Post #2,260 of 2,329
Does anyone know how much is the power output of line out mode?
Line Out setting, not intended for low ohm loads, used for headphones, increased non-linear distortion.

Dec 23, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #2,261 of 2,329
I am a little confused by all of the “line out” celebratory posts… Essentially, isn’t this line out basically max volume and turning all effects off? This is a feature an S1 owner could have done on their own without FW update…. The FW makes it very quick and simple, but Lotoo did not actually provide any new functionality with this FW.

Or, am I missing something?

Dec 23, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #2,262 of 2,329
I am a little confused by all of the “line out” celebratory posts… Essentially, isn’t this line out basically max volume and turning all effects off? This is a feature an S1 owner could have done on their own without FW update…. The FW makes it very quick and simple, but Lotoo did not actually provide any new functionality with this FW.

I played 1 song enabling lineout feature vs using pre-amp (use it as normal phone out) with Cayin C9 (Preamp Mode - 100% Volume on S1; Lineout - 100% Volume on C9)

I see about 3-4 dBA headroom in lineout mode, if that helps.

Edit: Forgot to add. Audio Technica ATH-R70X (High Gain on both S1 and C9)

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #2,263 of 2,329

I only played the S2 line out about 30 min to a portable speaker with volume control but it seems far less battery drain from phone. Typically bypassing the op amp to avoid coloration is a key line out feature. Not sure the topology of this firmware and setup however. But for me when using this speaker setup it’ll be power use reasons where by comparison full volume if that was the test would cost more battery.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #2,264 of 2,329
Using the S1 in Line out mode to my Headamp Pico driving a pair of ER2XR and the sound to my ears is far better than what the little S1 can muster out on its own. This new Lineout feature makes the S1 a very good sounding and extremely versatile device, IMO.

Attachments

• S1.jpg
    S1.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back