Lotoo PAW S1 - Designed for HIFI on the go with Lotoo PAW quality and the first USB DAC-AMP with dual 3.5mm & 4.4mm output
Dec 30, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #1,456 of 2,329
Like I said; ..”to me”..
I don’t feel the need to spend any more money to achieve a degree of listening pleasure above and beyond what I now have. I am happy enough.
Sure, there will always be “better” out there.
But it really can become a never-ending/enough pursuit. I don’t intend to get sucked in. Experience is all relative. To me, in my experience, this simple combo is everything I need.
I understand, it's your belief. I've just needed to express "my" experience with the He400i. As I wrote, try it... maybe you will change your opinion. I didn't mean it in a negative way :wink:

Dec 30, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #1,457 of 2,329
I understand, it's your belief. I've just needed to express "my" experience with the He400i. As I wrote, try it... maybe you will change your opinion. I didn't mean it in a negative way :wink:
Hey, I didn’t take it in a negative way. I appreciate that there is more to be had from the “better” gear out there. I don’t see a way to try anything else short of buying it and I have no intention of doing that. I bought the S1 to improve my listening pleasure using a phone as a transport; It does that in every way. The HE400i with a balanced connection to the S1sounds great - to me...

Dec 31, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #1,461 of 2,329
Starting to get issues with the Lotoo cable (most likely). It is plugged into my laptop on a flat surface, but if the S1 gets tugged/shifted just a bit, the connection dies until I adjust the cable again.

Anyone try getting a replacement cable from Lotoo? I see the Woo audio cable recommended, wondering if I should bother trying to get it warrantied or if there are better alternatives?

Mine is borked around the lightning end strain relief. Too much movement there and it cuts out which, annoyingly, means I have to disconnect and reconnect the S1 for the iPhone to recognise it again.

Dec 31, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #1,462 of 2,329
Anyone else find that the S1 sounds significantly better connected to a computer vs a mobile device? Had only used it on my iPad and iphone, but just connected it to my iMac and it totally opens up to another level.
I suspect some problem with your mobile (phone settings, player settings...).

Dec 31, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #1,463 of 2,329
Anyone else find that the S1 sounds significantly better connected to a computer vs a mobile device? Had only used it on my ipad and iphone, but just connected it to my iMac and it totally opens up to another level.
Your observation is correct. Lotoo engineer said the S1 performs better with PC/laptop due to better power supply.

Dec 31, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #1,465 of 2,329
Long shot; anyone tried this cable? Link

Dec 31, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #1,466 of 2,329
Mine is borked around the lightning end strain relief. Too much movement there and it cuts out which, annoyingly, means I have to disconnect and reconnect the S1 for the iPhone to recognise it again.
Same here. Lightning cable is starting to fray on the lightning end. It still works fine, but who know for how long and obviously the aesthetics took a hit. A new OEM one is $35, so I just ponied up a little more (I think it was like $42) and got the ddHiFi TC28i (female USB C to male lightning adapter) and TC05 (USB C male to USB C male cable) combo. The cable has a TPU exterior, so it should fare better than the fabric of the OEM cable. The combo also has the benefit of using the same cable to connect the S1 to my iPhone, iPad Pro or a computer.

EDIT: and while the angled adapter makes it slightly more awkward using with a phone in portrait mode, it’s much better in landscape.
1609443893337.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #1,468 of 2,329
Same here. Lightning cable is starting to fray on the lightning end. It still works fine, but who know for how long and obviously the aesthetics took a hit. A new OEM one is $35, so I just ponied up a little more (I think it was like $42) and got the ddHiFi TC28i (female USB C to male lightning adapter) and TC05 (USB C male to USB C male cable) combo. The cable has a TPU exterior, so it should fare better than the fabric of the OEM cable. The combo also has the benefit of using the same cable to connect the S1 to my iPhone, iPad Pro or a computer.

EDIT: and while the angled adapter makes it slightly more awkward using with a phone in portrait mode, it’s much better in landscape.
1609443893337.jpeg

This looks neat, thanks!

Dec 31, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #1,469 of 2,329
Dec 31, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #1,470 of 2,329
While I can't confirm it really does sound better out of a PC usb port. It would make sense however since the big issue for me since I bought my first S1 remains. My iPhone 12 pro still can't output enough power to get the volume of the S1 where I want with some headphones. My iPhone X could only do high gain at 72 volume and anything higher would reboot the S1 and my iPhone would complain it was sucking to much power. The iPhone 12 pro can get to high gain at 76 and anything after reboots it. This is obviously not an issue with running of a normal PC due to the better power coming out of the usb port.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back