Lotoo PAW S1 - Designed for HIFI on the go with Lotoo PAW quality and the first USB DAC-AMP with dual 3.5mm & 4.4mm output
Jun 6, 2020 at 10:23 PM Post #301 of 2,329
My S1 has been dead-silent with my Moto G7 Power both streaming and playing from SD card. Phones used are Dunu DK-2001, ER4XR and Saturn S1. Guess I am lucky!
Same is true for me with my LG v40, at least for the use cases I have with it right now. Perfectly silent when I'm streaming on wifi or listening to downloaded/local files while using the 3.5mm port.
Wanted to also chime in and say I haven't heard any interference/noise from the S1 with my MacBook Pro/Final B3/4.4mm balanced port set up.

Jun 7, 2020 at 12:38 AM Post #303 of 2,329
For those using the Lotoo S1 with cell phones and not hearing interference, I suggest an experiment... turn off your WiFi and just use your cellular and see the difference. I have an LG v30. Streaming over WiFi no problem. Turn off WiFi and rely just on cellular and I hear considerable interference. Turn my WiFi back on and no interference.

Jun 7, 2020 at 12:43 AM Post #304 of 2,329
Don't have the S1 but have any of the people with interference issues tried a cable with a ferrite choke?

Jun 7, 2020 at 1:28 AM Post #305 of 2,329
I might just send it to romi in a couple of days. The mod sounds cool and even though I cannot send my dear wm1a, the s1 can do the trick happily. I really like the sound of this dongle, why not jus do it

Jun 7, 2020 at 1:35 AM Post #306 of 2,329
I might just send it to romi in a couple of days. The mod sounds cool and even though I cannot send my dear wm1a, the s1 can do the trick happily. I really like the sound of this dongle, why not jus do it

Let us know how it goes!
I am selling mine if anyone in Europe is looking for one. It comes with the extra Lightning OTG cable. - EDIT - SOLD

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2020 at 1:53 AM Post #307 of 2,329
For those using the Lotoo S1 with cell phones and not hearing interference, I suggest an experiment... turn off your WiFi and just use your cellular and see the difference. I have an LG v30. Streaming over WiFi no problem. Turn off WiFi and rely just on cellular and I hear considerable interference. Turn my WiFi back on and no interference.
Still perfectly silent for me on my LG v40. Streaming Spotify over 4G right now and walking around the house with my phone in my pocket and the S1 and USB cable folded outside of it.
If I do ever notice it I'll make a note of it here, but thankfully so far I haven't encountered interference.

Jun 7, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #308 of 2,329
Perhaps it depends to the frequency band that your LTE provider used. Some might affected more than other.

Jun 7, 2020 at 8:40 AM Post #309 of 2,329
To those few people who do hear EMI effect when S1 is piggyback with their smartphone, what iems/headphones are you using and specifically, what cable? Different cables/connectors could act like antennas, picking up the noise (common issue with other daps). So, I'm curious if it could have the same effect here, and if you hear this interference with different headphones/cables you tried.

Jun 7, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #310 of 2,329
To those few people who do hear EMI effect when S1 is piggyback with their smartphone, what iems/headphones are you using and specifically, what cable? Different cables/connectors could act like antennas, picking up the noise (common issue with other daps). So, I'm curious if it could have the same effect here, and if you hear this interference with different headphones/cables you tried.

I was using the Lotoo cable that came with the S1, and Campfire Solaris or Sony ier z1r

Jun 7, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #311 of 2,329
Good suggestion. Will try this tonight. Two cables might be at fault - my 2.5 to 4.4 adapter cables or my USB... but I had the very same problem with the 9038s gen2 and different cables. Still worth an experiment

Jun 7, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #312 of 2,329

iPhone XS with FiR M5 here, I realised I get a lot of it when the line isn't great.

Jun 7, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #313 of 2,329
iPhone XS with FiR M5 here, I realised I get a lot of it when the line isn't great.

Based on what I'm hearing, S1 with M5 (have it on high gain, volume at 17), it's probably one of the best M5 pair ups I heard, the synergy is just there! Directly from LPGT, the bass is a little lifted, while from S1 it is lifted as well, but not as much.

lotoo-s1-15.jpg

Jun 7, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #315 of 2,329
I have exactly the same issue with my LG V30 and the 9138s gen2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back