Lost Twin Brother of the AKG K1000
Nov 2, 2007 at 7:29 PM Post #46 of 49
That has to be the most elaborate and INSANE rig I've EVER seen. Not to mention dedicated room(no visuals, other than the eye candy of staring at the audio set-up), in a nice loft to boot. I can't stop drooling.

Super kudos on a nice set-up!!!!!!

Nov 2, 2007 at 8:36 PM Post #47 of 49
Thanks for the kind words, oicdn
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 7, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #49 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmij /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi jigster, compared to the Silvertone I preferred the K1Ks with the BAT VK60 monos I had then only because I was driving the Duevels at the same time. Whenever I used the K1Ks on the Silvertone (without the Duevels, the amp wasn't capable of driving these speakers to levels I listen to) I was missing the speaker's ambient bass. Unfortunately, I mostly listened to the K1Ks with the speakers playing at the same time.

Since you're local, I think it's best if you gave Silvertone a visit to audition. The amps themselves are excellent although not too well known. Then again if you wanna use it as a dedicated headphone amp, it might be a bit overkill price-wise.

Was thinking about using them for my Omega 3 XRS (full range) speakers as well. Just wondering if they'll improve over the Aleph 30

Users who are viewing this thread

Back