LOST Returns (Spoiler alert)
Feb 9, 2007 at 3:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

gratefulshrink

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, I'm glad it's back -- now the show has to "put up or shut up". In other words, it has to deliver and maybe answer more questions than it poses (especially given the incredible hype the network has created).

I thought Wednesday's episode was B+, and it was cool to get some back-story on Juliet.

Any thoughts/opinions?

Feb 9, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #3 of 12
well, if the ratings keep dropping, i have a feeling we'll get answers sooner rather than later.

i thought the Clockwork Orange inspired torture room was pretty nifty, despite the fact that it was entirely derivative.

Feb 9, 2007 at 3:56 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i thought the Clockwork Orange inspired torture room was pretty nifty, despite the fact that it was entirely derivative.

yeah -- it also reminded me of the brainwashing sequence in Zoolander
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Feb 9, 2007 at 4:02 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by gratefulshrink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

"Moisture is the essence of wetness, and wetness is the essence of beauty."

sounds like it could have come straight from Mr. Echo.
tongue.gif

Feb 9, 2007 at 4:24 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by tkam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sure it'll continue to just offer more questions and fewer answers. They have to make it drag out to 6-8 seasons like they are planning to do.

I agree, the reason people like this show (even if they don't even realize it) is because they keep stringing you along with all these different story lines. You keep watching, because you want answers. If they revealed all of the secrets, and answered all of the questions, people would ultimately be disappointed IMHO. As such, they will keep stringing us along, and I can promise you that we will never get all of the answers. If you are watching this show, expecting to get all of the answers before it ends or is cancelled, you are probably in for quite a disappointment.

I'm not quite sure it will make it to 6 or more seasons, as I can already hear the faint sound of Fonzie warming up his motorcycle off in the distance.

We shall see.

Feb 9, 2007 at 4:30 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree, the reason people like this show (even if they don't even realize it) is because they keep stringing you along with all these different story lines. You keep watching, because you want answers. If they revealed all of the secrets, and answered all of the questions, people would ultimately be disappointed IMHO. As such, they will keep stringing us along, and I can promise you that we will never get all of the answers. If you are watching this show, expecting to get all of the answers before it ends or is cancelled, you are probably in for quite a disappointment.

I'm not quite sure it will make it to 6 or more seasons, as I can already hear the faint sound of Fonzie warming up his motorcycle off in the distance.

We shall see.

It won't jump the shark just yet -- not until the survivors think they will be rescued by "Wrong Way Feldman" (crap, I hope I got that Gilligan's Island reference right).

I know, I know. The questions can never really be answered. If so, then most of the mystical/sci-fi aspect of the show would be lost (no pun intended). But I do enjoy getting the back-story on the characters (now on the Others, it seems), so at least we can see how everything kind of fell together.

I do have a question based on the last episode. IIRC, Alex is Danielle Russo's (aka the Frenc Lady) daughter. But did they say that Ben was her father? Or is he some sort of adoptive father?

Feb 9, 2007 at 4:37 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

well, if the ratings keep dropping, i have a feeling we'll get answers sooner rather than later.

Moving it to 10pm won't help matters either...

Quote:

Originally Posted by gratefulshrink

OBEY MY DOG!

Feb 9, 2007 at 5:00 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree, the reason people like this show (even if they don't even realize it) is because they keep stringing you along with all these different story lines. You keep watching, because you want answers. If they revealed all of the secrets, and answered all of the questions, people would ultimately be disappointed IMHO.

After I found out what was down the hatch I stopped watching. Any show which has its basis in suspense can only go downhill once that mystery is revealed. The creation of new "better" mysteries does not alleviate this.

Feb 9, 2007 at 5:17 PM Post #10 of 12
I liked it, I thought that the episode was good. It added a little of flavor to the Others, especially since Juliet is being held on the island as a prisoner herself. On not getting any answers, I don't think that's really the case. The show does a pretty good job on setting up the questions so that we can figure them out ourselves mostly. Also, what fun would if be if they posed a question in the first 5 mins and solved it in 40?

Feb 9, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #11 of 12
I enjoyed the episode because of Juliet's intriguing background. I think this season so far has been better than S2. The whole hatch fiasco really derailed this show for awhile.

The upcoming eps look pretty good too. Seems like there's gonna be quite some action coming up.

Re: Alex, Ben, Rosseau -- I get the impression that Ben is an adoptive father of Alex, not her biological one. Was Rosseau's husband a member of her team? She said that they all became "infected" and died.

Feb 9, 2007 at 6:47 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Too late for me. I decided to get off the merry-go-round last fall. Sorry ABC, you pushed it too far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back