lost my Katos.... when do you think the blessing 3 dusk will come out? or should i try something else?
Jun 5, 2023 at 12:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

1832vin

New Head-Fier
I lost my katos, the blessing 3 has caught my attention, but it being a "side grade" isn't too appealing for my money... especially since it's not "cheap" by many measures

so it's a decision on how long a crinale collab usually take, and how many months can i stop listening music for, or whether i should try something else in that bracket that is more of an all rounder, with good resolution....

thanks!

Jun 5, 2023 at 12:48 AM Post #2 of 3
there are some things you can pick up,

The truthear Hexa, the Aful Performare 5, the soundrhyme SR5, Kind of depends on the amount of money you want to drop, the blessing 3 is ok but dosnt seem like much of an upgrade, and the dusk version... well i cant recommend you go for it until its out and theres proper reviews (as well as a die down of the hype train)

Jun 5, 2023 at 1:55 AM Post #3 of 3
I lost my katos, the blessing 3 has caught my attention, but it being a "side grade" isn't too appealing for my money... especially since it's not "cheap" by many measures

so it's a decision on how long a crinale collab usually take, and how many months can i stop listening music for, or whether i should try something else in that bracket that is more of an all rounder, with good resolution....

thanks!
No one knows whether a B3 Dusk would come, but the B3 as it stands is quite different from the Moondrop's single DD tuning of Aria, KATO, etc. I would be careful going with anything in the B3 line, especially if you don't want thin sound.

Btw, I don't think B3 is a "side grade" of Moondrop's DD IEM, especially if you place a lot of value in resolution. It is way more resolving, with better treble extension.

Maybe it is time for you to try some new players in the game? Like Sound Rhyme, AuR, AFUL, Penon. They seems to offer best price / performance ratio at the moment. @AmericanSpirit and @Leonarfd are some experienced folks that you should chase :dt880smile:

Personally, I recommend FiiO JD7 and an aftermarket cable to replace your KATO. Affordable and lovely. There is no IEM in the $500 bracket that I can fully recommend at the moment. The B3, for instance, has a thin and plasticky timbre and might be offensive. Dunu SA6II is great, but might I want even more at $580 (kinda greedy here). Symphonium Meteor is exceptional to me, but some might find it too bassy and blunted. You get the idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back