Lost my gym earbuds, need to decide on new ones...
Jan 10, 2012 at 4:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Giantandre

New Head-Fier

I have been using Klipsch s4's with Comply foam tips for the past year at the gym (have Sennheiser HD 25-1 II's for other use THANKS Head Fi) and I apparently lost them last Saturday. So I looking to replace. I really liked the s4's and might just buy a new pair. Would like some other suggestions though. 

Whats Important to me.

1. Good to Great Build Quality -- these are for the gym. I work out pretty hard. I can be somewhat rough with them too.
2. Great Isolation - This is usually solved by the Comply Foams (which help them stay in my ears, which is almost always a problem for me) Like to be in my own world while working out.
3. Long enough cord -- I'm 6'9" I like to put the ipod in my pocket or clip to my shorts.
4. Price Range - Around the same as the s4's is preferred but I could go higher for something that is markedly better. 
5. They need to be in-ear .. I feel much more comfortable working out that way. Don't like full size or behind the neck - just a personal preference. 
6. Music -- I mostly listen to Techno, Prog House, House and Hip Hop in the gym. But would like them to be decent for other genres because outside of the gym I rarely listen to those.

Thanks for your Help

Giantandre

PS - Every suggestion I have received from Head-fi has been great (The s4's, the senn's and my wife took my Alessandro's after her Sony's died)

Jan 10, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #2 of 6
I would suggest to purchase Vsonic GR06. For 58$ they are great earphones. Definitely an upgrade from S4.
They should be great with the genres you listen.

Jan 10, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #3 of 6
Did you also lose your player? Imo people should use an inexpensive player like the Clip+ or Clip Zip in the gym, and also use low priced earphones when working out. It is too easy to trash a player or earphones with sweat, by being dropped, or getting the cord caught in a weight machine.

Jan 10, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #4 of 6
How about taking look at Yamaha EPH-100.

With a robust aluminium construction body, best isolation out of all DD IEMs & includes extension cord.

Sound wise they are turning out to be real dark horse & punching in a higher tier than price point.

Great review by tienbasse & others on thread Yamaha EPH-100 thread

Jan 10, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #5 of 6
Thanks for the responses :

@nipit Though those look good and fit my criteria , they are currently out of stock and I'd like to make the purchase ASAP.

@jk1 - Still on my iphone 3gs (knock on wood) I also have a older nano I use. I just like having nicer/better earbuds to workout, blocks out the d-bags at the gym and keeps me motivated.

@archy121 -- look cool and have what looks like a great build quality, just 150 is a little higher then I want to go for gym buds.

Jan 10, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #6 of 6
The JVC HA-FXC51 is also a microdriver IEM, however it is much less expensive than the EPH-100. There are several threads here praising it. I enjoy mine. It has an aluminum body and seems very solidly built. It is only around $25. Don't let the low price fool you. It is a quality IEM.  It does need plenty of burn in though to sound its best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back