Lost my first buddy last night
Sep 7, 2006 at 12:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

thrice

Member of the Trade:Rockhopper Audio
Our cat Jazz had been having trouble breathing for about 24 hours so we called the vet. Due to the hour we brought him to an emergency clinic. They X-Rayed his chest and found a large growth pushing on his lungs. They thought they might be able to help him out and drain some fluid, but it wasn't fluid, it was a cancerous growth. It was inits final stages and there was nothing left to do.

So I let me little furry buddy go. Once when I posted a pic of him on some "post pics of your pets" thread, a fellow Head-Fier said that Jazz looked like he had a bit of the devil in him...he was right. Jazz was a kitten to he end. He sat on my lap and I listened to cans and kept my legs warm and my chest well perforated (you cat owners know what I'm talking about).

I'm gonna miss him, it was awful coming home last night and even worse waking up this morning. Something's not right in the house.

My wife and I were sharing stories last night and I remebered one time when I was making a tuna melt in my toaster overn. I left the kitchen to do something else and heard the timer go off...tuna melt was done. I finished what I was doing (about 2 minutes, not even) and went back to get my sandwich.

There on the counter was Jazz. He had opened the toaster oven (swear to God!), taken the cheese off the tuna fish sandwich (again, wouldn't believe it unless I saw it), and devoured the tuna fish. I was mad for 2 seconds and then just started laughing. How the hell dd he open the toaster oven?!?!?! That was my Jazz. He was the furry person, fluffernutter, furry buddy, fuzzy butt, Jazzmatazz, Jazzy, the boy...etc.

I can't tell you how many times things like this happened...he was my napmate as well:

IMG_0838.jpg

Here are some pics of my first pet, first cat, first fuzzy buddy:

http://web.mac.com/skatsaounis/iWeb/Site/Jazz.html

Sep 7, 2006 at 2:11 PM Post #5 of 26
Stephen,

Sorry to hear about your cat, I lost my childhood dog this winter and I still miss her. It's funny, generally I never really liked cats until my wife and I bought our house this year. It came with an outdoor cat - long story short the first owner of the house had left the cat behind (bastards) and the second owner had taken care of it for the last 5 years but didn't feel right about taking it with him when he moved. Now every morning I get up to feed Mooch (my dad named him, quite appropriately I think) and I can't imagine not sitting on the deck with him for a few minutes every day.

Sep 7, 2006 at 2:30 PM Post #6 of 26
Sorry about your loss. My first cat departed 10 years ago, it's never easy. At least he'll be in the happy hunting grounds in the sky...

Sep 7, 2006 at 2:36 PM Post #7 of 26
Very sorry to hear about your loss. Those of us who have had pets understand how this feels.

Sep 7, 2006 at 2:58 PM Post #9 of 26
Wow, what a gorgeous boy Jazz was. Sorry for your loss
frown.gif

Sep 7, 2006 at 3:05 PM Post #10 of 26
I'm really sorry for your loss.
frown.gif

You can take some comfort in knowing that your helped ease his pain. He's in a better place now.

Sep 7, 2006 at 3:37 PM Post #11 of 26
That's so sad about your cat, but it was the right decision. I had to put my dog down 2 years ago and I still think about her all the time. I didn't want to do it. I didn't want to part with her, but knew that she was not in a good state.

Pets are so much more than animals.

Sep 7, 2006 at 4:15 PM Post #14 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo
Cool story about your pet, cats are amazing at what they can do. Of course you know that.

This is too sad, sorry for your loss, I agree with mrarroyo -cats are amazing and wonderful friends too..

You always have the memories and pictures..and those are worth a lot too.

Sep 7, 2006 at 4:16 PM Post #15 of 26
Sorry to hear of your loss. I'm sure that he is in a better place now.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back