Lost my Ety ER-6i :(
Oct 13, 2009 at 6:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

pez

Headphoneus Supremus
So, I think I've lost my Ety ER-6i
frown.gif
. I was looking for them this morning because I plan on getting a 160GB Classic today. I can't find them though
frown.gif
. I went home for the weekend and my mom checked my room today and said she didn't see them or the pouch I keep them in. I only remember using them at school, and I think I left them here over the weekend. I don't think my roommate is the person that would steal, but you never know.

Now, I have the IEM's that came with my Sony NWZ-A726, which are really nice, but if I get headphones, my only option is Best Buy and getting Shure SE115s or SE210s. I haven't read great things and from what it seems, my Ety's are better. So should I just stick it out with my Sony's until I can replace or upgrade, or should I get some Shure IEMs from Best Buy?

Oct 13, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #2 of 20
Just replace them. You were happy before. Be happy again.

If you MUST switch, try the RE0.

Oct 13, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #3 of 20
The Sony's are not bad at all, they are very different from your ety's but they need some burn-in too, because they are dynamics. So if i were you i would stick to the Sony's and buy something you really want when you can upgrade or buy the Er6i again if you liked them.

Oct 13, 2009 at 6:16 PM Post #4 of 20
Yeah, the Sony's are different, mainly in a nicer low-end response, but I like the clarity and detail of the ER-6i. Maybe it's time to make that jump to the ER-4P.

Oct 13, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #5 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by pez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, the Sony's are different, mainly in a nicer low-end response, but I like the clarity and detail of the ER-6i. Maybe it's time to make that jump to the ER-4P.

Yes, that was going to be my suggestion
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 13, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #6 of 20
Yeah, it kinda ruined my day since it was really the only "high end" portable IEM I have.

Oct 13, 2009 at 6:29 PM Post #7 of 20
sadness.. sorry to hear that. what is with everyone loosing there expensive buds.

Oct 13, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #8 of 20
well good thing er6i arent terribly expensive..just bad luck to be losing earphones tho

good reason to upgrade tho :p

Oct 14, 2009 at 6:04 AM Post #9 of 20
Yeah, I have a feeling I left them at home. If not, I have a feeling they just fell out of my bag when getting something out. I did get my Classic today, and I am in love again. It brings bag memories of my old 5.5G 30GB iPod Video. I do miss my detailed highs and great treble. I could upgrade, but I think I may just go with Ety's. They're $74 shipped on amazon, so it's not too much of a setback lol.

Oct 14, 2009 at 6:36 AM Post #10 of 20
Maybe you should consider iM590 (for treble/detail) and PL50 (for mid and versatility) as well. Both is cheaper than ER6i and I consider them to sound better.

Oct 14, 2009 at 4:07 PM Post #11 of 20
AH! I found them. Haha, they were in a pair of shorts. Thank god they didn't get washed, and even if they did, that etymotic case is waterproof lol. God, I'm listening to them through this classic and they sound soooo good. I love Etymotic. I'm actually considering moving up to ER-4P's for my classic and using the ER-6i's for my shuffle. What are those new ety's? How do the HF2's compare? I heard it's a bassier Ety while at the same time has better clarity than the ER-6i's.

Oct 14, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

AH! I found them. Haha, they were in a pair of shorts. Thank god they didn't get washed, and even if they did, that etymotic case is waterproof lol. God, I'm listening to them through this classic and they sound soooo good. I love Etymotic. I'm actually considering moving up to ER-4P's for my classic and using the ER-6i's for my shuffle. What are those new ety's? How do the HF2's compare? I heard it's a bassier Ety while at the same time has better clarity than the ER-6i's.

Right now Headphone.com (Headroom) has a sale. ER4p 15% off plus free shipping. So about $157. Well worth it! I think the sale ends tomorrow though.

Oct 14, 2009 at 6:53 PM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by ibis99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Right now Headphone.com (Headroom) has a sale. ER4p 15% off plus free shipping. So about $157. Well worth it! I think the sale ends tomorrow though.

They still show up as $181.99 for me. And $10 shipping
frown.gif
. If I get them, it wouldn't be until tomorrow anyways. Though, amazon.com has them for $167.99 with free shipping.

Anyone know anything about those Ety HF2s?

Oct 14, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #14 of 20
correct me if im wrong but to my knowledge they are the hf5 with the headset?

Oct 14, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

They still show up as $181.99 for me. And $10 shipping
frown.gif
. If I get them, it wouldn't be until tomorrow anyways. Though, amazon.com has them for $167.99 with free shipping.

Anyone know anything about those Ety HF2s?

You have to call for the discount from Headroom. + thier an authorized dealer and if you notice thier homepage says free shipping on orders over $99

Users who are viewing this thread

Back