Lost Eurail pass
Dec 7, 2008 at 6:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

devin_mm

1000+ Head-Fier
I know this isn't the correct place for this (Eurail is closed until Monday) but people here are well traveled and I trust you guys' advice. I am traveling to Europe (Amsterdam to be exact) in 11 days and I bought a benelux-germany Eurail pass with protection but I cannot find it, so what are my options?

I called Eurail on friday and they said I am out of luck due to the fact that the protection only kicks in when I am in the EU which to me seems like garbage but whatever. I am thinking of calling them and canceling the ticket then ordering a new one, is that a valid course of action? If that doesn't work I was then going to call my credit card company and cancel the charge being I am getting no benefit from the service provided, has anyone successfully done that?

My time is running out so any helpful advice would be greatly appreachated, I don't think I should eat a $470 cost for losing a piece of paper.

Thanks

Dec 7, 2008 at 7:05 AM Post #2 of 3
Many credit cards offer protection for lost and stolen items. The terms will vary depending on your credit card issuer. You should call them and see if they can help you. They might even be able to negotiate with Eurail - I would think they'd be able to cancel the lost pass and issue another one. Your credit card can withhold money from them, as well, so they have a stronger negotiating position than you do. Give them a call.

Dec 7, 2008 at 7:11 AM Post #3 of 3
Unfortunatly my credit companies insurance does not include lost tickets
frown.gif

The Insurer will not pay for any expenses incurred directly or indirectly relating to:

Money, travellers cheques, bullion, stamps, tickets and tokens, evidence of title or any other negotiable item.

Edit: Just to make sure I had one for my trip I ordered a new one and I will deal with the lost one on Monday. I will hold on to this ticket like grim death!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back