Lost bass on my right side (Beats by Dre) !!
Jan 3, 2013 at 10:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

drenkk

New Head-Fier
Hey,

I'm new here and I recently bought Beats by Dre from my friend they were working fine when in about 2 weeks the bass in the right side went almost deaf, almost since there is a little pulse heard but that is hardly called a bass. Has anyone experienced such an issue or does anyone know what I should do..

Thank you 

Jan 4, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #2 of 29
Well that's Beats by Dre for you, you can always increase the volume balance for right side to make it louder but that'd shift everything else and may sound odd and uncomfortable. My Solo HDs broke around 3 years ago and they still are, didn't find it worth my time to get them fixed. Instead I picked up a pair of Denon D2Ks and found Head-Fi to stop myself and others from buying Beats again, unless of course you want a necklace to wear around your neck.

Jan 4, 2013 at 3:34 AM Post #3 of 29
Cut your losses and buy a real pair of headphones, me and I'm sure everyone else on this forum will probably advise you to do the same. 

Jan 4, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #6 of 29
Quote:
I'm guessing they have a removable cable? Try swapping in a friend's cable to see if that's the problem.

I guess you are right sir, but still the right bass doesn't match the left bass (the left side even vibrates from the bass) where the left just keeps sending some pulses nothing much to it though..

Jan 4, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #7 of 29
Thanks guys for your responds but my question is if anyone is familiar with why could be the reasons tat the bass has reduced over 70%.. Any idea on how I could fix them or something else that could come to help.

Jan 5, 2013 at 7:16 AM Post #10 of 29
Quote:
I would suspect a blown driver...

Most likely this the same thing happened to my htf600 after playing a very subbass heavy song at max volume while eq over what my preamp cut was set(Don't do this always set preamp at least as the highest db your boosting or lower stuff down instead of up if your equalizer lacks a preamp slider) hear alot of distortion driver then all bass is gone of the left side I just sent them in to get a new one.

Jan 5, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #11 of 29
Quote:
Thanks guys for your responds but my question is if anyone is familiar with why could be the reasons tat the bass has reduced over 70%.. Any idea on how I could fix them or something else that could come to help.

Try blowing into the driver on the side where there no bass and see if something pops back into place thats all I got.

Jan 5, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #15 of 29
Quote:

Solo.. and warranty has expired !

Well I suggest you to move on. Beats solos are horrible headphones. Insides of those headphones are not so good. Really cheap diaphragm, no wonder they break. If you still want to fix your headphones I suggest (your own risk of breaking the headphones) to take them apart and look if the diaphragm is damaged (not central), if it is you can try fixing it back with duck tape. If your headphones are broken I highly suggest to buy anything else than the beats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back