Lost 2yr old Etys, what's the best replacement?
Aug 1, 2008 at 7:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ramparts

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

I visited this forum a couple of years ago to pick up my first pair of really high fidelity headphones, and ended up deciding on the Ety ER-4Ps. I really liked them for the price (I'd like to stay under $200), sound quality, noise cancelling, and portability, it was all just great. But the other day I lost them (it happens when they're so small!
angry_face.gif
) and so before I shell out $200 for a new set, I was wondering if anything has changed in the last couple of years and if for the conditions I just mentioned, there are better options for me.

I'll be using the headphones mostly with an MP3 player (sometimes on a plane or train but usually not such a loud environment) and with my laptop. As for music, I listen to mostly flamenco (very bright, sometimes more richly textured), classical, and some rock but I wouldn't mind some versatility since I listen to a pretty wide range.

Aug 1, 2008 at 7:14 AM Post #2 of 8
For IEMs at least the Sleek SA6 or the Futuresonics Atrio M5/8 would do pretty well.

Aug 1, 2008 at 7:59 AM Post #3 of 8
If you like the Etymotic sound, you will want to get another pair of single-armature IEMs. Dual/triple/quadruple-driver IEMs tend to have their own flavour of sound which you may need acclimatising to.

Aug 1, 2008 at 8:45 AM Post #4 of 8
Yeah if you really liked the ERE4 nothing but another pair will do

Aug 4, 2008 at 5:37 AM Post #6 of 8
I will agree with the statement that if you like the Ety sound, you'll have to get a pair of Etys again. However, I do hear good things about the Klipsch Custom-2 IEMs. The reason I mention this is that they can be had for $124 at Newegg right now, which is quite a deal on good quality 'phones as they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back