Lossless Streaming Service you use (Poll)

Which Lossless Streaming Service (services) do you use?

• Qobuz

Votes: 102 41.0%
  • TIDAL HiFi

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Amazon Music HD

Votes: 37 14.9%
  • Deezer HiFi

Votes: 14 5.6%
  • Apple Music

Votes: 79 31.7%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 6 2.4%

• Total voters
Jan 8, 2022 at 9:22 PM Post #4 of 123
I just signed up for a Tidal $2/3 mo Master Audio trial. So far, it seems pretty good, but then I have nothing to compare it to. We'll see how I like it after the trial expires.

Jan 13, 2022 at 3:10 AM Post #7 of 123
Yup. Qobuz is the real deal and I also really enjoy the interface.
They've improved a lot since I've tried them last year. Not a single drop out yet, new features, Autoplay that works like a station on Amazon, My Weekly Q curated playlist based on listening habits, but primarily the sound quality, clear as a bell. SW seems rock stable too.

Hasta la vista, Amazon HD. (middle finger emoji) :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2022 at 3:24 AM Post #8 of 123
Switched to Apple Music last month after 3 years with Amazon Music, prior to that few years with Spotify, also tried Qobuz and Tidal. Amazon just can't figure this out, even after 2 years since Music HD introduction the iOS app is buggy, require re-downloads of albums from time to time in order to be played without problems. Battery drain on iOS devices is also pretty heavy compared to competition.

Reasons to choose Apple Music: SQ (real hi-res, bit-perfect, almost everything at least in 44.1/16), catalogue, perfect integration with iOS devices of which we have plenty, seamless integration with Alexa, of which we also have plenty and that are mainly used by kids and/or for background music, also good integration with Bose Soundtouch.

Best compatibility across different platforms is still with Spotify, but until they go true lossless/hi-res, will continue using Apple Music.

Qobuz and Tidal both had lots of albums missing that I can have with Spotify/Amazon/Apple, also compatibility with different platforms is by far worst.

Jan 14, 2022 at 12:02 AM Post #9 of 123
Just found this thread, and wanted to share my recent comparisons of the myriad of high res players out there!

My wife recently signed us up for Apple Music, and I took the opportunity to evaluate Apple, Tidal HiFi, Qobuz, and Amazon HD against each other. I listened to each exclusively for a few days to get familiar with the library, UI, and overall feel of the service. (Soundiiz was invaluable for bringing test playlists between services.) Then I did a ridiculous amount of comparative listening to figure out which one I thought sounded best.

Apple ended up getting disqualified pretty quickly because I don't daily drive a Mac. I spend all day working on a PC, and Apple music is poorly supported outside their ecosystem. iTunes? No, thank you. Amazon sounds pretty good, but they just don't seem to be focused on delivering an overall excellent product for sound quality. The technical underpinnings of the players and interface just let the service down and it was the next to fall off the list. Tidal's sound quality seems solid to my ears and I enjoyed the interface on various devices from Apple to Android to Windows to Mac. Tidal also had my favorite music discovery features, even if they are a bit mainstream pop focused.

However, nothing ever sounded as good as Qobuz in my comparative listening; every time I compared, Qobuz came out on top for sound quality. I also like the Qobuz interface, and like Tidal, it functioned well on all of my devices and gadgets. Qobuz won by a landslide by being easily useable everywhere and by sounding significantly better in every test. For my music tastes, Qobuz has everything I need, and in the rare case it doesn't have something I really want, I leveraged Roon and local files to fill in the gaps.

Thanks to Qobuz and Tidal being the last two standing, I also took the opportunity to evaluate Roon since it supports both services. I have fallen in love with Roon, and Roon + Qobuz will be my listening setup for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2022 at 12:02 AM Post #10 of 123
Tidal and MQA are a joke. Qobuz is the benchmark in sound quality (still a bit short of physical rip but close enough)

Jan 14, 2022 at 1:03 AM Post #11 of 123
Tidal and MQA are a joke. Qobuz is the benchmark in sound quality (still a bit short of physical rip but close enough)
Why short, based on my tests it's the same if not better than my CD rips, might be because of different releases, seems like they have a lot or rereleases of old albums. And you have full access to WASAPI exclusive and ASIO drivers, somehow I have much cleaner sound than from JRiver.

Jan 14, 2022 at 1:21 AM Post #12 of 123
Why short, based on my tests it's the same if not better than my CD rips, might be because of different releases, seems like they have a lot or rereleases of old albums. And you have full access to WASAPI exclusive and ASIO drivers, somehow I have much cleaner sound than from JRiver.
This. WASAPI exclusive mode makes such a huge difference.

Jan 14, 2022 at 1:45 AM Post #13 of 123
To my ears local server based flac sounded better through Klimax DS compared to Qobuz streaming.

Jan 14, 2022 at 2:03 AM Post #15 of 123

Users who are viewing this thread

Back