Lossless album: Buckethead Giant Robot NTT
May 27, 2007 at 9:12 PM Post #16 of 53
As you might be able to tell, I love Buckethead
wink.gif
This is a great album, especially since it's free and lossless. Thanks so much for uploading it. Just out of curiosity, where did you get this lossless? Do you have the disc? Anyways, thanks a bunch.

May 29, 2007 at 9:33 PM Post #17 of 53
Thanks OP - love this one
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 29, 2008 at 10:15 PM Post #19 of 53
Thanks for the link, although I already have this album on CD. I will say this much, you are doing a service to the people of this thread, this album is GREAT. It's a bit of a concept album with a rather weird storyline (very typical of bucketheads character), and I wasnt crazy about it at first, but when I read the liner notes to the album while listening along, it all made sense and grew on me like few albums have before it. Highly recommended download (I paid $70 for a japanese copy and it was worth every penny).

Mar 1, 2008 at 2:03 AM Post #20 of 53
Mate $70 is an extremely good deal, you should be very happy. As for the liner notes, I think they may be included in that download but I'm not sure.

The album is quite unusual at first listen, although there are more than a few beautiful moments that stand out from the first spin. The best albums in my opinion are the ones that take a long time to appreciate (pf - 'the wall' took me about a year to 'get').

For first timers, I recommend tracks 4, 6, 9, 10 and 13. Let us know what you think, especially if you are new to Buckethead!

Mar 1, 2008 at 3:52 PM Post #23 of 53
mrdeadfolx: any chance of scanning the artwork and liner notes and posting them here? That would be awesome if you could do it. Even if you could write them text only.

BTW this is for you lucky bastards living in the US, tour dates;

Thursday March 6, 2008 - Aggie Theatre - Ft. Collins, CO
Friday March 7, 2008 - Fox Theatre - Boulder, CO - That 1 Guy to support
Saturday March 8, 2008 - Fox Theatre - Boulder, CO - That 1 Guy to support
Sunday March 9, 2008 - Belly Up - Aspen, CO - That 1 Guy to support
Tuesday March 18, 2008 - Numos - Seattle, WA
Wednesday March 19, 2008 - Service Station - Spokane, WA
Thursday March 20, 2008 - Aladdin Theatre - Portland, OR
Friday March 21, 2008 - Domino Room - Bend, OR
Saturday March 22, 2008 - McDonald Theatre - Eugene, OR
Thursday and Friday June 5 & 6, 2008 - Wakarusa - Laurance, KS

I would sell my soul to get to any of those!

Mar 1, 2008 at 8:27 PM Post #24 of 53
Free, lossless music, from a brilliant band THANKS OP!
This is the first time I have ever heard anything from them. I went through the hole album and it is really good. Buckethead is refreshing to listen to
smily_headphones1.gif

You might just have forced me to go down to the record store monday and buy some more of them.

Mar 2, 2008 at 12:04 AM Post #25 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrederikS|TPU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Free, lossless music, from a brilliant band THANKS OP!
This is the first time I have ever heard anything from them. I went through the hole album and it is really good. Buckethead is refreshing to listen to
smily_headphones1.gif

You might just have forced me to go down to the record store monday and buy some more of them.

Glad you like it Frederik! By the way, Buckethead is the name of the guitarist, not the band (I think in this case the band is called 'giant robot'). If you can't find anything at your local music shop (I'm pretty sure you won't find a thing as you live in Denmark), go to Travis Dickerson Recording Studios

For a first purchase I would recommend 'Thanatopsis - Axiology' or 'Population Override'. You can hear two free tracks from the albums (and others) here: TDRS STORE
After that I would try 'Peppers Ghost'. That should get you started.

Mar 2, 2008 at 2:04 AM Post #26 of 53
I don't mean to thread-hijack here, but does anyone know how to play FLAC in iTunes?

Mar 2, 2008 at 3:24 AM Post #28 of 53
Thanks very much for this. A mate of mine is a huge Buckethead fan so will very much appreciate this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back