tongue.gif
Show up this time Edwood
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 23, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #18 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by shaizada /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh oh...here we go again
smily_headphones1.gif

Have to think if I want to lug equipment again. Was insanely tiring last time with all the stuff...mainly the turntable.

I'll know more closer to the date.

Your turntable, phono stage, and RS Amp was my personal nirvana at the Newport Beach Meet. And since then I have a new pair of D5000's with Jmoney pads just crying out for the transparency and analogue psychoacoustics that only a high-end analogue rig like yours can provide.

Besides, maybe there's a chance you have a sampling of some 5.2 Mb/s DSD transfers you were talking about. I have not been able to get the image of a MSL Vinyl legend being ripped at that bitrate...

No pressure, I'm just sayin...
wink_face.gif

Dec 23, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #19 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyBuoy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your turntable, phono stage, and RS Amp was my personal nirvana at the Newport Beach Meet. And since then I have a new pair of D5000's with Jmoney pads just crying out for the transparency and analogue psychoacoustics that only a high-end analogue rig like yours can provide.

Besides, maybe there's a chance you have a sampling of some 5.2 Mb/s DSD transfers you were talking about. I have not been able to get the image of a MSL Vinyl legend being ripped at that bitrate...

No pressure, I'm just sayin...
wink_face.gif

I'm glad I hurt my back that day for something worthwhile! Thanks for the kind comments. I've recently listened to the Denon D7000 for about a week and felt they were absolutely fantastic sounding. Very impressive headphones worth pursuing!

I've left you a voicemail...give me a call and we can talk about those vinyl transfers
wink.gif

Dec 25, 2009 at 10:19 AM Post #21 of 63
ooo i wanna hear some AKG's

Dec 26, 2009 at 7:22 AM Post #24 of 63
I'm going to try and keep the gear list up to date for the OP so he has less to worry about. He's going to get the gear list by PM and update his initial post so it's easy to find. To anybody bringing gear, please post what you're bringing.

Uncle Eric: I put your Moth as a maybe and put down whatever headphones I could remember you bringing in the past. What model is your SACD player again?

dallan/santacore/shaizada: I haven't added your gear to the list yet as you've stated it might change. When you find out what you're able to bring, just make a post and I'll see it and update the list accordingly.

We've got a nice start so far
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 27, 2009 at 6:06 PM Post #27 of 63
what types of locations do u guys do this at usually? Im interested in participating for the first time....but the lack of details as far as types of location...equipment management is still a bit confusing to me.

Dec 27, 2009 at 8:12 PM Post #28 of 63
The last one was at a club house. Prior to that we rented a hotel conference room. Pretty much any public space that is fairly open, has lots of outlets, and can fit a bunch of tables will work. A home or business would also be a suitable place.

Regretfully, it's starting to look like this event is not happening. No one is stepping up to organize and no location has been chosen. That's a bummer, since it looks like there is interest. Oh well.

Dec 27, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #29 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by santacore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The last one was at a club house. Prior to that we rented a hotel conference room. Pretty much any public space that is fairly open, has lots of outlets, and can fit a bunch of tables will work. A home or business would also be a suitable place.

Regretfully, it's starting to look like this event is not happening. No one is stepping up to organize and no location has been chosen. That's a bummer, since it looks like there is interest. Oh well.

I thought the original poster was supposed to organize?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back