Los Angeles Meet 1/9/2010
Dec 22, 2009 at 8:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 63

MadMonky

Head-Fier
TIME AND DATE: Jan 9 11am - 6pm

PLACE: TBD

If you plan on attending, please include the gear you plan on bringing and how much space you will be needing. I will be updating this initial post with people/gear as they confirm.

Headphones:

AKG K-240DF
AKG K-701
AKG K-702
AKG K-1000

Beyer DT-48

Grado HF-1
Grado HF-2 (x2)

JVC HA-RX700
JVC HP-DX1000

Sennheiser HD800 (x3)
Sennheiser HE60

Sony MDR-SA5000

Stax SR Omega2 mk1 (x2)
Stax SR Lambda
Stax SR Lambda Nova Signature
Stax SR Sigma
Stax SR Sigma Pro
Stax SR 5

Amps:

DarkVoice 336se

HeadRoom Ultra Micro Amp

Heed CanAmp

Eddie Current Zana Deux

eXStatA SS

Moth Si2A3 (maybe)

Stax SRM-717
Stax SRM-T1S
Stax SRM-T1
Stax SRM1-MK2 (C series)

Sources:

Assemblage DAC1
Beresford TC-7510
HeadRoom Ultra Micro DAC
Keces DA-131
Parasound DAC 1100HD
Pico DAC
Uncle Erik SACD Player

Other:
Bedini 25/25 Speaker Amp

Dec 22, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #2 of 63
I could bring my HA-RX700 that I'm waiting to be delivered at the moment. I'm new to this so I want to test out the higher-end cans.

Southern Orange County

Dec 22, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #4 of 63
I'll be there and will bring the following:

Headphones:

Sennheiser HE60

Stax:
SR Omega2 mk1
SR Lambda
SR Lambda Signature
SR Lambda Nova Signature
SR Sigma
SR Sigma Pro
SR 5

Amps:

eXStatA SS

Stax:
SRM-717
SRM-T1S
SRM-T1
SRM1-MK2 (C series)

Sources:

Assemblage DAC1
Parasound DAC 1100HD

This list might slightly change depending on if I buy or sell anything in the meantime. If there is interest, I might be able to bring a Bedini 25/25 speaker amp and K1000. I'll need 2 or 3 tables worth of space most likely. Should be fun!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 23, 2009 at 12:52 AM Post #6 of 63
Oh oh...here we go again
smily_headphones1.gif

Have to think if I want to lug equipment again. Was insanely tiring last time with all the stuff...mainly the turntable.

I'll know more closer to the date.

Dec 23, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #7 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by shaizada /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh oh...here we go again
smily_headphones1.gif

Have to think if I want to lug equipment again. Was insanely tiring last time with all the stuff...mainly the turntable.

I still can't believe you brought your analog rig to the last one. That was madness!!! Bring the lighter, easier, digital rig. That in itself will be a treat for everyone.

Dec 23, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #8 of 63
I'm interested in attending, but I'll have to see since it's still close to the holidays.

Dec 23, 2009 at 6:35 AM Post #10 of 63
Oh sure, why not. I'll bring the Zana and the headphones for sure. The Moth needs a little surgery, but I'll bring it if I can find the time to wrench on it.

I'll try to drag along the DVD-A player, too. It sounds pretty good and I've got some nice discs I want people to hear.

Dec 23, 2009 at 6:55 AM Post #12 of 63
Depends on where, but probably. Last meet I brought way to much gear so need to think about what to lug where. Can come after 1pm if it isn't crazy far from me.

Possibly bring the DLlll, macbook pro with Amarra mini, Diverter, Zana and HD800s with both sets of cables/DX1000s. That is kind of my big set up. Only weird thing I just discovered is that when I unplug the DLlll then plug it back in without having a source on feeding it, it turns itself off, I don't know if that is normal but I am kinda freaked about even unplugging it. Ya, otherwise it just stays on if I turn the source off but just the lock light is out.

So otherwise i bring the Lisa lll with Pico dac only and the DX1000s and HD650s with Zu recable. If someone really wants to hear something that they may purchase that is in my profile like the dacmagic or something I can bring that too. Last LA meet I brought everything but the kitchen sink and some of it didn't even get touched.

Dec 23, 2009 at 11:13 AM Post #13 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by shaizada /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh oh...here we go again
smily_headphones1.gif

Tell me about it. I'm not doing it this time, plus I have no amp at the moment.
wink.gif
Oh, PM me. I need to talk to you about something.

Somewhere between San Fernando Valley and where ever the host is would be nice. Last meet was quite far for a few of us.

You can put me down for bringing my HD800 with Double Helix Cables Complement cable (a.k.a. the beast).

Dec 23, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #14 of 63
how does this work...everyone gets a booth to put there gear down and its like musical chairs?

Dec 23, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #15 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by igotyofire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how does this work...everyone gets a booth to put there gear down and its like musical chairs?

The last meet was my first. How it works is people show up set up their rigs, you meet them talk about headphones then demo their rigs. Sometimes products can be intermingled into new configurations as a learning experience. There is a cool team effort as everyone is working together to lean and reach the best sound. There may be many opinions as to which is the best sound. That may be due to personal preference or prior beliefs which askew the face of reality.

There is no better place to try new gear in your rig before you purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back