Lorde's debut album - Pure Heroine
Oct 2, 2013 at 10:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

patthebaker17

New Head-Fier
Anyone on the forums into this type of music? Royals, is very overplayed on the radio but the album has much better songs lyrically and musically. She has a very unique style more or so like an upbeat the xx. If anyone likes this album please recommend some more music that sounds like this.

Oct 5, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #2 of 4
Thought pure heroine was a bit hit and miss. I love tennis court and team, but other songs like 400 lux and still sane were pretty lacklustre.

Personally, she seems similar to lana del rey and charli xcx.

Oct 5, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #3 of 4
I agree with you, but usually for me I only find a few songs on an album to be the ones I listen to and like. Even with my favorite band rhcp I honestly only love a few songs, on any given album. But since they have to many I guess it adds up lol. Lana del ray is similar voice wise, just cause there both unique styles.

Oct 13, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #4 of 4
I think her voice is interesting but on Pure Heroine there's too much background and it seems to be the same pitch as her voice, consequently she gets lost. Too much/loud accompaniment seems to be the standard in new recordings. I'm sure sound compression has a lot to do with this but I also think many of the new "pop" singers don't have voices that can stand alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back