Lopsided Yuin PK3's?
Aug 24, 2009 at 6:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Duxxy

100+ Head-Fier
I bought a pair of Pk3's from head directs ebay venue almost a year ago and fell in love with them. I used them daily for a little over four months when i noticed one day that the left earbud was significantly louder than the right. I emailed head direct and they said they would repair for $15, so i sent it back after letting them sit on my desk for a few months.
I got the repaired earbuds back and they sound fantastic yet again. But after about a month, maybe two, the right side is once again much quieter than the left. Having unblalanced music just drives me nuts, so unfortunately this leaves me using my iPod earbuds for my daily use.

So did i just get a rotten apple, should i buy a new pair of PK3's (which i love when they work), or should i just call it quits and find something similar with more reliability? Also looking to see if anyone else has run into this.

My most common source is a Sansa Fuze if that makes a difference, unamped.

Aug 24, 2009 at 8:50 AM Post #2 of 8
Wow, what a string of bad luck there. While I don't find Yuin build quality to be the best, they are neither the worst. However, maybe it is good time for an upgrade. You can find genuine Sennheiser MX760 on eBay now for $20, which is a fantastic bargain. Have a read on this thread.

Aug 24, 2009 at 2:53 PM Post #3 of 8
Go for the YUIN PK3 again, your not that expensive..
Mine have been fine since the day I bought them and they just get better with usage.
I have m760 too, but the PK3 wins hands down in SQ.

Aug 28, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #5 of 8
Been a weird couple of days since i last checked in.

I did buy a pair of MX760's on ebay but a day later vminnovations said that they were out of stock, so i got a refund. I kept looking around head-fi for other articles about earbuds and almost bought another pair before realizing they were almost certainly counterfeit and cancelling the order.

So tonight i checked on my PK3's determined to find out why they became slightly lopsided. I grab my trusty (heavy duty) wrench and pop the cap of the earbud off (they go back on easily). Nothing obvious to me because i know crap about these things. But i did check out the other earbud to compare and contrast and nothing really struck me. Only small difference was the 2 wires from the left side were a little more spread out than the right side. So just out of curiosity i split up the right side to more evenly match the left side. I pop the caps back on and i can't believe it but it's back to normal! I have no idea how the hell that works but for whatever reason that was it.

No more lopsided PK3's!

Aug 28, 2009 at 5:48 AM Post #6 of 8
Glad you fixed them, PK3s are still amazing for me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back