looks like Sennheiser don't have wired bass headphones ?
Oct 2, 2020 at 7:59 AM Post #2 of 11
Bass cannon, look to Fostex or maybe similar like Denon.

Oct 2, 2020 at 8:07 AM Post #4 of 11
do you know any from sennheiser because i like their sound signature.
I like the Sennheiser house sound but it kinda doesn't exist any more. Can you clarify what you are looking for? It seems you want a regular pair of headphones with extra bass? Sennheiser has not been about emphasizing any part of the sound bass, mids, treble. Historically it was about smoothness and musicality.

You could also consider E-mu teaks if you can get them.

Oct 2, 2020 at 2:05 PM Post #5 of 11
Sennheiser HD250. Discontinued and kinda hard to find. Serious, serious bass.
EDIT: They will need an amp as well. 300 or 600ohm versions were made,so not for plugging straight into a phone.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #6 of 11
Did something happen to sennheiser's momentum line? I remember trying the original around ears years ago and not liking them because they had too much bass and the treble were rolled off too much for my liking. They were also wired. Maybe you can check if it's still in production or try and listen to a second hand one.

Oct 2, 2020 at 5:06 PM Post #7 of 11
I like the Sennheiser house sound but it kinda doesn't exist any more. Can you clarify what you are looking for? It seems you want a regular pair of headphones with extra bass? Sennheiser has not been about emphasizing any part of the sound bass, mids, treble. Historically it was about smoothness and musicality.

You could also consider E-mu teaks if you can get them.
I want over the head version of hd 202 . i like the sound of hd 202 . but it is on the head so i want something similar.
Did something happen to sennheiser's momentum line? I remember trying the original around ears years ago and not liking them because they had too much bass and the treble were rolled off too much for my liking. They were also wired. Maybe you can check if it's still in production or try and listen to a second hand one.
only ios version is stock on amazon.

Oct 2, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #9 of 11
only thing i can find is earpads and wires.
As I said, its been discontinued, for many years. The only way to get one is eBay or the classifieds here. They dont come up for sale that often.

Here is the review I did of it.

Oct 2, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #10 of 11
There are a couple of Linear 2 on eBay don’t know the difference but there is some.

Oct 8, 2020 at 5:32 AM Post #11 of 11
Momentum 2 are bassy, not cannon level, more of a low shelf.
Not as V shaped as many of the other options I own.

I picked up a set of Mh40 cheap on Amazon, looks like they are clearing old models. You may like them for their bass punch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back