looking to upgrade my prodj100
May 1, 2014 at 10:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Carlos O

New Head-Fier
Hi, i would like to upgrade my koss prodj 100, and i would like some advices of what head would be a worthy investment,
Are the momentums much better? The hd 598? If so in wich area specifically.
I dont mind if they need to be amped, but comfort is a must.
Thanksss a lot.

May 2, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #2 of 16
Hi, i would like to upgrade my koss prodj 100, and i would like some advices of what head would be a worthy investment,
Are the momentums much better? The hd 598? If so in wich area specifically.
I dont mind if they need to be amped, but comfort is a must.
Thanksss a lot.

Did you like the sound of the dj100?
What is your budget?
Do you want open or closed headphones?

May 2, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #4 of 16

Did you like the sound of the dj100?
What is your budget?
Do you want open or closed headphones?

yes i do, but i had them for about 3 years now and i thought i would like to upgrade, (i just oredered the ath m50 pads to see if there is any difference heheh), i would like to spend around 300, and i think i  would like them to be open.(i also have the koss UR 40 and i think they sound less congested, also it's for home listening and i want a change).

On the other hand i am also considering getting the Fioo x5

I am sorry if it's a little confusing but i havent made my mind yet
thanks for your help

May 2, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #7 of 16
  yes i do, but i had them for about 3 years now and i thought i would like to upgrade, (i just oredered the ath m50 pads to see if there is any difference heheh), i would like to spend around 300, and i think i  would like them to be open.(i also have the koss UR 40 and i think they sound less congested, also it's for home listening and i want a change).

On the other hand i am also considering getting the Fioo x5

I am sorry if it's a little confusing but i havent made my mind yet
thanks for your help

Akg q701 (needs amp)
Soundmagic hp200 (benefits from amp)
Hifiman he400 (needs amp)

May 3, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #12 of 16
]
Just because they cost less, doesn't mean they are not as good. The KossRRODJ-100 are on my list of top 5 headphones under $300

For neutral, they are probably the best under $90 but nobody compares them against $300 headphones. There are comparisons with the shure srh840 and most say that the koss is in the same league but not quite as good.

May 3, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #13 of 16
]
For neutral, they are probably the best under $90 but nobody compares them against $300 headphones. There are comparisons with the shure srh840 and most say that the koss is in the same league but not quite as good.

I even think they're better than the M-50s. I tried the new AKG K240 MK 2 ($200) and immediately returned them. The Koss are WAY better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back