Gazda

New Head-Fier
I really like the full sound of the Reds, currently looking at:

7hz Legato,
Simgot EM6L,
Binary Chopin,
TANGZU x HBB Wu Heyday Edition,
Kiwiears Quintet,

Also, I use iems on the go, would love some up to 100 usd USB C amps suitable for phones, currently i use the apple dongle and I do realise that it might be not enough for these higher end iems

Mar 27, 2024 at 8:48 PM Post #2 of 4
I just sold my reds last week, and the Moondrop Kato is a noticeable upgrade. The Tanchjim Space is the best sound quality before you get into the Topping G5 which is as heavy as a brick, and more of a laptop companion than for phones. I have both, and the Space is the travel DAC/Amp for the phone. SINAD score up there with many desktop systems.
The Kato is fun on a bun, and lots of air in the treble, always puts me in a good mood to use those.
The Simgot EA500 (but not the LM version, I didn't like the difference) is well worth it.
7hz Timeless (but not the AE version, the dynamic driver makes them sound like everything else without the planar slam).
Seeaudio Yume II has the width and depth of soundstage rivaling many headphones, needs a +2-3db bump at 600hz, which is simple to bring male vocals forward.

Mar 31, 2024 at 11:17 AM Post #3 of 4
It seems you like a bassy sound signature. I would look at audiosense aq4. They are one of my favorites in the 100usd range when on sale. Artti R1 and T10 could be two you could enjoy and be in budget, both are awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back