Looking to upgrade from VSD3S within 170
Oct 9, 2019 at 4:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

krow

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, I've been using my VSonic VSD3S as my daily driver for nearly 4 years. Had the cable changed to a silver cable a year and a half ago, and fell in love with it all over again. I'm not a bass head so the sound signature is perfect for my taste, and I like the, somewhat, sound stage it provides.

That said, I'm looking to change to something better. The years are taking it's toll on the cable and it's starting to crack, and since they aren't detachable I would need to send to a shop to get them rewired. So I figured after all this time, might as well try something new with similar sound, and with standard detachable cables for future proofing.

I know that VSD3S is supposed to imitate the Westone W10, so I'm actually considering that but it would be stretching my budget quite a bit at 170USD in my country of residence. If anyone has any other recommendation for something similar sounding, or better, I'd be very grateful.

Oct 10, 2019 at 5:20 AM Post #3 of 4
Thank you very much for the recommendation. Sounds like this is a successor for the GR07!!

Would you have any other recommendations? More the merrier haha

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #4 of 4
I wouldn't say VS7 is a true successor of GR07 - The sound signatures are different enough.

Due to me not knowing how VSD3S sound, it's hard to make other recommendations :smile_phones:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back