Looking to try something different.
Oct 1, 2015 at 11:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Nick727

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys. So right now I have the HD600 which I love, I'm just looking to try something new. While I love the sound on the HD600s, something with a little more emphasis on the low-end would be great. I'd like to stay ~$300 although that can be slightly flexible if it's worth spending a little more. I was checking out the HiFiMan HE400S but I'm afraid they're going to have a similar sound to the HD600s. Just wondering what everyone's opinions are. Thank you!

Oct 2, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #2 of 6
I got the HE-400s. I like them. It's a very Sennheiser-like set of headphones but without the so call veil that some senn phones has.

I also just took delivery of the ATH-MSR7. And I see why it's on the innerfidelity wall. I would recommend either but the MSR7 can sound a bit hot in the treble. Overall actually the MSR7 works better for critical listening IMHO. The HE-400S better for just sitting back and relaxing. 

Oct 2, 2015 at 12:58 AM Post #4 of 6
  Hey guys. So right now I have the HD600 which I love, I'm just looking to try something new. While I love the sound on the HD600s, something with a little more emphasis on the low-end would be great. I'd like to stay ~$300 although that can be slightly flexible if it's worth spending a little more. I was checking out the HiFiMan HE400S but I'm afraid they're going to have a similar sound to the HD600s. Just wondering what everyone's opinions are. Thank you!

1. Use EQ and boost at whatever band you can use below 40hz.

2. How tight are you wearing them? The tighter they are the more bass you get.

Oct 2, 2015 at 3:56 AM Post #5 of 6
See if you can enhance the bass response by means of aftermarket/tweaked earpads (I recommend you ask/search in the HD600 discussion threads directly).

If this is not a viable option - I recommend trying out Phillips Fidelio X2. They seem to fit what you're looking for.

M.

Oct 2, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #6 of 6
  See if you can enhance the bass response by means of aftermarket/tweaked earpads (I recommend you ask/search in the HD600 discussion threads directly).

If this is not a viable option - I recommend trying out Phillips Fidelio X2. They seem to fit what you're looking for.

M.

It's worth noting that the Fidelio X2 is said to have a similar sound to the HD 600, albeit with more bass.  If you want something totally different with a lot of bass emphasis then you may want to go with the HiFiMan HE-400 (which sounds nothing like the HD 600) or HE-400S (see how this compares to the HE-400 as I'm not sure).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back