Looking to start into better sounding things. Wanted some help
Oct 29, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #16 of 27
Quote:
Yep. You connect the Lepai to the Fire Phoenix using the RCA outs. Then headphones plug into the jack. 

There are two ways to integrate a sub in that system. Get an RCA splitter so that both the sub and the Lepai can be connected to RCA out on the Fire Phoenix. Or get a sub with both speaker level inputs and outputs. Hook the Lepai to the sub, the speakers to the sub. 

Well what about for example, the back of the Dayton SUB-1000 seems to have speaker inputs and amp input? Would I still need to get an RCA splitter for the Line In + Lepai? If I don't have the phoenix yet but buy a sub I would connect the speakers to the sub and the amp to the sub as well, but would I connect the RCA into the sub line in or the amp line in, or is it like you said I have to get a splitter to plug it into both at the same time.

I got my speakers and lepai today! Its awesome, but obviously lacking bass from a sub. The sound is way nicer than I thought it would be.

Oct 29, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #17 of 27
Yep. If you get a sub with speaker inputs and outputs, just run the speaker out from the Lepai to the sub, and then connect the speakers to the sub. 

Which speakers did you end up getting? 

Oct 29, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #18 of 27
I ended up picking up those Pioneers you posted off newegg. Pretty happy with everything right now. The only thing is that my desk is pretty small so if I have nothing playing I can hear a little feedback when I move my mouse around.. 

And the White plug for the RCA doesnt plug in all the way into the lepai but I think its far enough for it to work fine haha

Oct 29, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #19 of 27
Quote:
I ended up picking up those Pioneers you posted off newegg. Pretty happy with everything right now. The only thing is that my desk is pretty small so if I have nothing playing I can hear a little feedback when I move my mouse around.. 

Yeah. Those Pioneers are great. Can you believe people are buying little plastic multimedia speakers for what you paid for your setup? It's crazy. 

Might try moving cables around to see if that would reduce the feedback. Or move the Lepai further away from the computer. 

Oct 29, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #20 of 27
Quote:

Yeah. Those Pioneers are great. Can you believe people are buying little plastic multimedia speakers for what you paid for your setup? It's crazy. 

Might try moving cables around to see if that would reduce the feedback. Or move the Lepai further away from the computer. 

Haha I had a klipsh setup before, but what I did was I actually swapped the little speakers out for my Sony Stereo bookshelves because the sub had a speaker amp built in and I used the little speaker just for volume control xD, then I lost those sony bookshelves and then one of those klipsh speakers broke -_-. I would move the amp but I have no room anywhere and I already cut the cables pretty short to one of the speakers haha maybe later.

I was using Direct earlier but realized with Tone is where the knobs start working (lol) So now I have it sounding amazing compared to my old setup. Just need to get a sub and I'll be blowing my room apart O_O

Oct 29, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #21 of 27
Yeah. A sub will definitely fill in those Pioneers nicely. I have a 10" sub with my PC setup, and it makes a big difference for bass heavy music. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 29, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #22 of 27
On the back of the lepai theres a 3.5mm cable that says "mp3". Couldnt I just connect a male to male 3.5mm audio cable instead of using RCA to 3.5mm? lol Would it affect the sound

Oct 30, 2012 at 8:39 AM Post #25 of 27
Some people like the Polk PSW10 which can often be had for $90 on Newegg or Amazon. I'm more drawn to the Dayton series because of the positive reviews the SUB 1200 has had on AVS, for example.

Oct 30, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #27 of 27
Quote:

Hmm well I guess it all comes down to a sound test somewhere. I hope best buy or something has a dayton 1000 and psw10 to compare lol.

I think the Dayton is sold mainly by Parts Express. It's doubtful you'll be able to hear them both together. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back