Looking to get a good dynamic IEM for $100 to $150 for electronic music
Dec 3, 2011 at 7:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jiff

100+ Head-Fier
Now I have some good BA's in the Tf10's and Ety HF5 but I want a pair of good dynamics.  I want one that has a nice warm and fun sound but have a somewhat analytical sound as well.  I ordered some ClarityOnes but I think I might return them or just get keep them and have 2 pairs (you can never have to many IEM's right).

If you've seen some of my posts then you might know I just listen to EDM like house, techno and trance so they need to have bass but they don't have to be bass head phones.  Good highs and mids that are warm and precise at the same time.

From what I've looked at its between the Radius DDM's, JVC HA-FXT90, Denon AH-C710 and the Audio-Technica ATH-CKS90 but if someone knows of others that are as good or better I would love to know about them.

Dec 5, 2011 at 4:17 AM Post #2 of 4
Personally, I'm a fan of the Radius DDM if you can get it to fit you. A similarly dual dynamic headphone can be seen in my profile picture. It's like the DDM with more mid-bass and a larger sound-stage, and costs about the same at $150. Fit is the biggest problem I think, and for 'fun' sounding earphones go that are still analytical, I think that perfectly describes your TripleFi 10. Other than the Radius DDM, the only other great dynamic IEM I've heard under $150 is the Etymotic Mc5, but it's accurate, analytical, and not very 'fun' sounding. Once I got used to the clarity and detail though it was hard to appreciate warmer sounding sets.

Dec 5, 2011 at 4:38 AM Post #3 of 4
Jays t jays.

Dec 5, 2011 at 4:39 AM Post #4 of 4
I have the denon AH-C710s, and I listen to mostly Trance, electronic music, hip-hop. The bass is awesome on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back