Looking to buy a new DAC/AMP
Aug 16, 2023 at 11:11 PM Post #17 of 20
The rated power of 650mW falls significantly short when compared to that of the G5. Furthermore, the necessity of a balanced connection is questionable given the virtually non-existent noise floor of the G5. It is worth noting that a balanced male connector is compatible with its female counterpart of the same size. As such, I fail to identify any compelling reasons to acquire the Fiio.

Aug 16, 2023 at 11:35 PM Post #18 of 20
The rated power of 650mW falls significantly short when compared to that of the G5. Furthermore, the necessity of a balanced connection is questionable given the virtually non-existent noise floor of the G5. It is worth noting that a balanced male connector is compatible with its female counterpart of the same size. As such, I fail to identify any compelling reasons to acquire the Fiio.
Cost is a compelling reason to me.

I enjoy listening to music quite a bit, but there is only so much money I'm willing to pay.

Aug 17, 2023 at 12:08 AM Post #19 of 20
In my perspective, for a tight budget one, investing a little more to acquire a $300 product that delivers performance comparable to a significantly pricier alternative (there are lots of comparison between the G5 to other products) would be a wiser decision, as it eliminates the need to search for a replacement in the future. I believe that the G5 would serve you admirably over the next few years.

Aug 26, 2023 at 7:52 AM Post #20 of 20
haha, someone wrote the G5 is not punchy. There must have been something went completly wrong and burn in eletronics, well yeah, dont know what else to say.
The G5 easily trumps the overhyped mojo in almost every regard. only the leckerton UHA-6s is better in everything but absolute power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back