Looking for WHITE >$80 IEMs
Mar 20, 2011 at 5:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

tarcalion

Head-Fier
Well, exactly what the title says. :) I want a very nice-looking white IEM. Sound quality is a bonus but colour is more important (!). Before you kill me, I HAVE OTHER, GOOD-SOUNDING IEMs, but I want a cheap, stylish white pair too. So far I've been looking at the white Sennheiser CX 300-II, and pehaps the Creative EP-630 White (what's the difference between those two anyway?).

Basically I'm asking what an Ipod owner would buy to upgrade from the Apple stock buds, although that is not the situation, that's what I'm trying to get at.

Thankful for any input, comments and suggestions. Are the CX 300-II a good choice? Or are they 'getting old'?

Mar 20, 2011 at 5:49 PM Post #2 of 15
How about the meelectronic CC51 - they look pretty sweet with those ceramic housings - there is a white model too. http://www.amazon.com/MEElectronics-Clarity-CC51-WT-Ceramic-Headphone/dp/B004OBZ2W2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1300657607&sr=8-2 They cost 79$ and as a bonus you get a pretty awesome sound quality for that price - you can check joker's multi-iem review thread - he has given them 9 out of 10 for Value! One thing is sure - they look and sound much much better than the cx300-II

Mar 20, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #3 of 15
They look very nice indeed! Amazon probably won't ship to Sweden, though. Do you know any other place that sells them?

Does anyone else have any suggestions?
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 20, 2011 at 7:17 PM Post #7 of 15
Quote:
Nonsense, Amazon ships everywhere. But if you're worrying about amazon retailers and stuff you can get them from Meelectronics official site http://www.meelec.com/default.asp - I just checked it and the list of the countries to which they ship and Sweden is there.

Amazon.com is notoriously awkwad for shipping internationally. I have never been able to find an item on their site that I have been able to purchase from the UK.

Mar 20, 2011 at 7:20 PM Post #8 of 15

Quote:
The new dual BA iem from Apple. It's below your price listed and the sound is decent.

I've got to say that the first thing that came in my mind was the apple dual-driver in-ears but then I remembered how much the meelecs looked like them and they have way better sound quality than the apple ones - also the apple ones sound pretty clinical because of the BA drivers and I wouldn't suggest anyone who has never heard armatures to get them

Mar 20, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #11 of 15
Well, that's why people outside US buy on-line - you still have to pay shipment costs but it's still cheaper. Actually, I was checking the shipment costs for Sweden on the Meelec site and it seems that the cheaper is 19.95 which means that the cc51 will be out of the given price range coz will be like 99$ with the shipment.

Mar 21, 2011 at 9:03 AM Post #12 of 15
I've never bought anything from America so I don't know how this works, but if I'm very unlucky I'll have to pay customs and VAT too. And VAT in Sweden is 25% of the price, which is A LOT. Altogether it may not be cheaper than buying in Sweden, but as I said I don't know.

Mar 21, 2011 at 11:21 AM Post #13 of 15
If you're really adamant about your IEMs being white, I would go for the CC51. They're the best sounding white IEMs I've heard and for $80 that have an exceptionally clear sound that's slightly warm with nice taut bass a smooth midrange and nicely detailed treble. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back