Looking for VERY comfortable headphones
Aug 15, 2007 at 2:48 AM Post #16 of 25
I pick Bose for comfort...but you probably would like something that would sound better for the money..
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 15, 2007 at 2:52 AM Post #17 of 25
For just comfort, the Sony MDR-CD780s are probably hard to beat. They're like wearing pillows on the sides of your head, and there's no pressure.

They do get a little hot though.

Aug 15, 2007 at 3:55 AM Post #19 of 25
Since we seem to be focusing ONLY on comfort:

The most comfortable phones (bar none) would likely be the Sony MDR-F1s. I just figured the MDR-F1s were worth a mention because their comfort is legendary, and without peer. My second choice (assuming we are only considering comfort here) would be the Denon D5000s.

But I am afraid both of those phones are beyond the OPs budget and would also be too large for his requirements. So I am going to go ahead and stick with my original suggestion of the Denon D1000s since they easily meet (or exceed) all of the OPs requirements.

Aug 15, 2007 at 4:57 AM Post #20 of 25
Honestly.. the most comfortable headphone i've tried so far is bose triport
Sound is pretty average though

I heard that Sony MDR-F1 (check audiocubes) are very very comfortable though- drivers aren't touching your ears. I'd get that if i were you, but it's very open and sound will leak out

Aug 15, 2007 at 1:06 PM Post #23 of 25
Wow! I have a lot to choose from and a lot of homework to do
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for all the suggestions. I do think that some of the Sennheiser suggestions are probably too big. I had considered the PX100's which I've tried on and found pretty comfortable, but I'd never really had a chance to audition them for sound quality...

I'll have to check out the Denon's that were recommended as well as the KSC75s. I think I'll also audition some of the larger Sennheisers and see if I don't feel too self-conscious about the size....I have tried Bose triports on, and I readily agree that they are about the most comfortable headphones I've ever tried, but I've never been particularly impressed with the price/sound quality ratio.

Regarding the recommendations for IEMs, I had considered them as an option. I have a good friend who has Shure E4cs and says he can go hours with them in. However, I don't want that kind of isolation at work. I need to hear if my boss comes by, and I'm writing posts on Head-Fi
smily_headphones1.gif

I was looking at jr.com last night, and I noticed that they have a pair of Audio-Technica clip-ons (ATH-EM7GM) for $50. The junk sony headphones that I currently have are clip-on, and I don't have much problem wearing them most of the day, so I was just curious...Does anyone have any experience with these?

Anyway, thanks again for all the great suggestions!

Aug 15, 2007 at 11:21 PM Post #24 of 25
-。-
If you don't care much about the sound.....

what about KOSS PP......and it is cheap.......

I can wear it for all day long.....

Oh,this is my first post........

Aug 16, 2007 at 12:08 AM Post #25 of 25
It seems I'm late for the suggestion..........

Talk about the PX100, it is comfortable in the first hours,but not more than 3 hours....It has a great BASS sound,so rock or pop music is suitable for it...

-.-``` *^^*```

Users who are viewing this thread

Back