Looking for TOTL IEM
Oct 31, 2016 at 12:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

34Murder

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I looking for my new TOTL IEM. I had to sell my Noble K10´s for certain issues, but now I wanted try something new. I like listen pop, electropop, EDM, funk, jazz, R&B, funk rock, alternative rock, pop rock. I prefer women vocals. I looking for smooth, warm, without sharp treble IEM with large soundstage. I don´t own DAP even, but first of all I want to buy new IEM.

My budget is around 1400€. 

I have some ideas, for example:
64 ears U12 Adel,
Rhapsodio Solar,
Unique Melody Mason,
Empire Ears Zeus (probably used or I must save much more money)

I didn´t hear none of these IEM, so please help me with the choice. For any advice and comments I will be grateful.

Nov 1, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #2 of 5
I have the first two. Both will fit your preferences well, however I notice the Solar can sound congested with faster tracks. It has an overall U-shaped, smooth presentation with thick notes, and a deep soundstage. For me it lacks the bite for rock, but that's my preference.

U12 in comparison has more prominent mids, better balanced, and suited for more genres. The imaging and separation are the highlights of this IEM, it's like watching a 3D movie. The only thing is it's source picky. Sources/DAPs with less than 1 ohm impedance will sound too bassy and dark. It's a horrible match with Mojo, for instance.

Another warmish, smooth CIEM with big soundstage that you can consider is the Custom Art Harmony 8.2.

Nov 1, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #3 of 5
Thank you for your comment, so Solar I can delete from my list. 
Another warmish, smooth CIEM with big soundstage that you can consider is the Custom Art Harmony 8.2.

I don´t want to buy customs. If you knew about similar IEM to Harmony, but universals, it will be my win. What about Empire Ears and their models? Do you have some experience? 

Nov 1, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #4 of 5
  Thank you for your comment, so Solar I can delete from my list. 

I don´t want to buy customs. If you knew about similar IEM to Harmony, but universals, it will be my win. What about Empire Ears and their models? Do you have some experience? 

You can drop a pm to Peter (piotrus-g) to see if he accomodates doing a universal model. It has been done before but not officially available.

I haven't heard anything from EE other than Zeus XIV which is too thick and coloured to be an all-rounder. For your preferences I'd imagine Athena to be the best match.

Nov 2, 2016 at 4:03 AM Post #5 of 5

You can drop a pm to Peter (piotrus-g) to see if he accomodates doing a universal model. It has been done before but not officially available.

I haven't heard anything from EE other than Zeus XIV which is too thick and coloured to be an all-rounder. For your preferences I'd imagine Athena to be the best match.

Thanks again. Probably my last question - What about Campfire Audio and their Andromeda or Vega? Do you have some experience? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back