Looking for the best iem under 500$
Jan 9, 2010 at 7:05 AM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by saar1320 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey I'm looking for iem fir my iPod touch.
I'm hearing pop, rap, rock, world music.
I can pay more than 500$...

says you can pay more than $500.
Get the JH-13's.

Jan 9, 2010 at 7:30 AM Post #3 of 9
From what I've heard >>> Ortofon E-Q7 ... You are sure to get a great deal of varying opinions. Good luck.

EricP

Jan 9, 2010 at 7:34 AM Post #4 of 9
Sorry, no recommendations or experience in that price range. But a suggestion: if you really want good audio quality and truly willing to shell $500+ (=o), then spend some money on a good portable amp as well. Your iPod Touch isn't a bad source, but at that level of expense you deserve the best SQ. The FiiO E7 should come out some random day in February (DAMN THESE COMPONENT SHORTAGES!).

If a portable amp isn't quite portable enough for you, then I suggest you lower your price range, because those upper-end IEMs are usually pretty high impedance. Your iPod may be able to drive them loud enough, but not well. I don't think any IEMs in that pay grade are intended for portable use, at least without an amp.

Jan 9, 2010 at 8:23 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hung0702 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, no recommendations or experience in that price range. But a suggestion: if you really want good audio quality and truly willing to shell $500+ (=o), then spend some money on a good portable amp as well. Your iPod Touch isn't a bad source, but at that level of expense you deserve the best SQ. The FiiO E7 should come out some random day in February (DAMN THESE COMPONENT SHORTAGES!).

If a portable amp isn't quite portable enough for you, then I suggest you lower your price range, because those upper-end IEMs are usually pretty high impedance. Your iPod may be able to drive them loud enough, but not well. I don't think any IEMs in that pay grade are intended for portable use, at least without an amp.

EDIT: Didn't see the above post.

Jan 9, 2010 at 8:25 AM Post #7 of 9
Jan 9, 2010 at 9:22 AM Post #8 of 9
I'll give you a few good suggestions that most often agree on.

Westone 3, or the UM3X

Shure SE530

Pop, rap, and some rock. if you like bass get the Senn IE8

or, if you want to go with something nice, get a UE Triple.Fi 10 Pro on ebay, or here for $99 and get it made into a custom Monitor. or the SE530 used into a custom. I did that, $99 for the triple driver TF10 (used to cost $399 before amazon had a close out deal) and then $25 for impressions of my ear from a certified audiologist, and then $80 from fisher hearing (aka InEarZ) and you have a triple driver custom monitor for just over $200 like my attachment.. sound great!

Jan 9, 2010 at 9:40 AM Post #9 of 9
See my sig for a review of a bunch of customs. I absolutely love my LiveWires Trips which are $350 + the cost of impressions. They sound superb unamped from a Sansa Fuze or Clip/Clip+.

Of course there are other great customs too. Ultimate Ears UE4 is very nice for the price, as is Hearyourself.com C3. I also hear good things about the JH Audio JH5, but haven't had the chance to hear them myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back