Looking for Tablet with Digital Out
Feb 2, 2012 at 4:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

gacksen

New Head-Fier
Hi there,

currently buying some gear for my new car audio system. Have an Audison Bit Ten dac processor that has a toslink input. looked in google several hours but couldnt really find anyhing regarding a tablet with useable toslink output. i want to have the signal transmitted digital via toslink to the dac and not analog to avoid the connection via rca output and the bad internal dac´s of the tablets.

any advice or any help to feed my audison via toslink ? :D

Cheers
Dennis

Feb 2, 2012 at 6:01 AM Post #2 of 7
From what I know there are no Android or IOS tablet with toslink output. What you could do is to use and usb-to-toslink converter with an Windows tablet. Thou good windows tablets are almost non existant. :frowning2:

Feb 2, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #4 of 7
just thinking about how to mount that dock in my car because the pad itself is far too wide to integrate it. have found the iriver IHP120 with digital out that should do the job. so will get rid of my cars HU and use the audison bit ten control unit as volume control and feed it with the iriver signal. should be fully digital then and i can avoid any usb conversion.

does anybody know if the signal output level via toslink on the iriver is fixed or is the volume control still enabled ?

Feb 3, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #6 of 7
just thinking about how to mount that dock in my car because the pad itself is far too wide to integrate it. have found the iriver IHP120 with digital out that should do the job. so will get rid of my cars HU and use the audison bit ten control unit as volume control and feed it with the iriver signal. should be fully digital then and i can avoid any usb conversion.

does anybody know if the signal output level via toslink on the iriver is fixed or is the volume control still enabled ?

Toslink is fixed output, but line-out is volume controllable.

Feb 14, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #7 of 7
I run usb digital out from my Nokia N8 into a Fiio D5, then digital coax into my Bit1.  Works like a charm and no need for any voltage conversions like you would need with the Pure unit.  As a bonus, the N8 has a built-in gps sensor with free map updates and downloads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back