looking for Super low noise floor amp
Jan 3, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #17 of 22
Have a look at the Meier Jazz.  I haven't heard it, but I have the Cantate2 and the Jazz is simply a more recent version of Meier's amps aimed at the same market.
Cantate has been and still is a great amp, sound floor is black as the Ace of spades with both high and low ohm headphones.

Link to a recent review on Headfi.http://www.head-fi.org/t/574391/review-of-meier-audio-corda-jazz

Jan 3, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #18 of 22
Perhaps look into the violectric v90. It is my first amp but I love it, plenty of power and low noise floor as fr as I'm concerned. Power related information is on the website. I payed about $560 here in aus

Jan 4, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #19 of 22

Quote:
Perhaps look into the violectric v90. It is my first amp but I love it, plenty of power and low noise floor as fr as I'm concerned. Power related information is on the website. I payed about $560 here in aus

That amps looks really good  priced at just under $500, do you know how it compares to say the schitt lyr?

1.2watts should be good I think.

Jan 4, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #21 of 22
I'm not sure if it's been suggested, but a used Meier Concerto will run you under your extended budget of $600.  The noise floor is dead quiet, as shown by measurements and heard in real life.  The volume knob is wonderful and has no channel imbalance even at the lowest setting.  The music also sounds full even at low volumes whereas on some amps it can sound a tad lifeless and unsatisfying. 

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #22 of 22

Quote:
I'm not sure if it's been suggested, but a used Meier Concerto will run you under your extended budget of $600.  The noise floor is dead quiet, as shown by measurements and heard in real life.  The volume knob is wonderful and has no channel imbalance even at the lowest setting.  The music also sounds full even at low volumes whereas on some amps it can sound a tad lifeless and unsatisfying. 

That amp only puts out 500mW I don't think it will be powerful enough.   Unless I m mistaken I think I need an amp that will do at least 1 watt for the LCD-2 but thank you for your suggestion it dose look very nice I just wish it had more power. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back