Looking for stand-alone CD player - $500 budget
Jul 7, 2005 at 5:45 PM Post #91 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by MakoFury
I am ready to bite the bullet and buy the player. I had at least 3-4 ppl contact me on another forum about the group buy so I definitely think it is doable however won't all the players have to be shipped to one person which is what created the problem in the first place?

Yes I think it would be shipped to one person who then would ship separate units out to everyone else and everyone would have to pay this cost. The person who gets all the units also gets free shipping. I figure your total cost would be no more than $590 under a group buy - including having it shipped to you and paypal fees.

Philodox can help us here.

Jul 7, 2005 at 5:50 PM Post #92 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by MakoFury
After much debate, I finally went ahead and ordered the Esound. I opted to include the 120 hour QA test/burn in. I'll let you all know what I think when it arrives.

Thanks for all the input everyone!

600smile.gif

Tell Snowy to hold your money and wait until the group buy to ship it with the group. If I get 5 buyers beside myself I will order 2 units myself and have the seven shipped to me, then I will ship to each of the group buyers and sell the remaining one to a late group buyer who missed the boat. I have a 100% rating on e-bay and can be trusted - you'll know where I live in North Florida. Send me a PM.

Jul 7, 2005 at 5:53 PM Post #93 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by chillysalsa
Yes, the savings in shipping is because Cattylink can send >100lbs to one address.

The person getting them must then mail them out or have them picked up.

Luckily, the Canadian group buy was based from Toronto, so I only had to mail out 2 units of the 6. It was ~$25 to ship them anyway.

It took almost a month to get 5 other buyers, but I'm sure an American buy will take much less time - it looks like 3 people stepped forward in a couple days!

Anyway... I am know debating selling my integrated for another over-achieving piece of chinese audiophilia: the Jungson JA-88D.

What was the cost per unit to ship them to you, including paypal fees?

Jul 7, 2005 at 5:56 PM Post #94 of 96
I think if he gave us the same deal as the Canada group buy it would be $620/person as opposed to $710 for an individual. Unless you could get a lower rate than the Canada group buy. I'm ordering mine direct. I'd rather pay more and get peace of mind.

Jul 7, 2005 at 6:05 PM Post #95 of 96
We really should stop discussing the Group Buy until Jude and Snowy work things out as it is against forum rules and Jude has already warned us.

Jul 7, 2005 at 9:27 PM Post #96 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
We really should stop discussing the Group Buy until Jude and Snowy work things out as it is against forum rules and Jude has already warned us.

Good point Pillodox. It would benefit cattylink to hook up with Jude. Please keep us advised Philadox.

Seriously, thank you for your effort and input here, Philodox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back