Looking for Sr60 wood cups
Dec 7, 2011 at 6:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

combatwombat27

New Head-Fier
I just started moding my sr60`s. I just got them yesterday and I couldnt not modify them. I wanted to change out the grills so I took them apart which was really easy but my grill was pretty much fused to the cup and although I am more than sure that I can still replace the grill with a metal mesh I would really really like wood cups. I have seen Sr60`s for sale here for 115 with wood cups so how much would someone charge me to make some? just the cups? i also reverse quarter moded some yellow earpads already as well. 

Dec 11, 2011 at 12:54 AM Post #3 of 6
Jaben has this woody and metal mod bundle.. you can choose either one, and you'll get a gs1000 pad and alessandro case M for around $80-90.......

contact them at: jaben.com.au (australia) or jaben.net (singapore/ whole network)..

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:45 AM Post #4 of 6
I cannot find a Jaben Woody mod, only a Jaben Alu. Mod:-

http://jaben.net/forums/index.php?topic=15062.0

http://jaben.net/shopping2/Aluminium-Mod.html

Hope that helps!

darthsmile.gif

Dec 12, 2011 at 3:13 AM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
I just started moding my sr60`s. I just got them yesterday and I couldnt not modify them. I wanted to change out the grills so I took them apart which was really easy but my grill was pretty much fused to the cup and although I am more than sure that I can still replace the grill with a metal mesh I would really really like wood cups. I have seen Sr60`s for sale here for 115 with wood cups so how much would someone charge me to make some? just the cups? i also reverse quarter moded some yellow earpads already as well. 

Yep, the grill is "fused" onto the insides of the cup. To get every bit of it out, you need to melt the grill and pry it out with your fingers, and then Dremel the remaining bits out. It's not as easy as some make it out to be so be careful or you might end up wrecking your Grados. My SR60 sounds best without any grills at all, but they look pretty ugly like that with the magnet and wires exposed. Since I was giving away the SR60 to my brother, I had to cover it up. I bought some old plastic cups (non-i version) from another head-fier here and replaced the mushroom cups with the non-i cups. They look a lot better now.

Full woody cups may range from $100 to $400, depending on where you look. There's Mlantinen (Martin), Jaben woody mod (dno if they're still selling the kit), Headphile members, etc. Just google it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back