Looking for something new. Been gone for a while.
Feb 8, 2015 at 4:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

mrhanky5555

Head-Fier
Hello again friends. Been gone for a while. But I'm back and in need of some opinions. Want to spend around $300 (will spend a bit more if worth it). Looking for some new IEM. Had the tripleFi's and really liked them but wire broke after a day (my fault). I like hip hop and house music. Would like that nice deep bass and crisp highs. Any opinions on anything new or old? Should I try to get another set of the triples? Something with a band that wraps around the ear would be nice too. Thanks again

Feb 8, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #2 of 31
If you liked the TF10 get an Sony XBA-A3. CKR9 LTD may be worth a look as well. Used Westone W30 is a smidge more than $300. Quite a few other nice choices as well. People will chime in :)

Feb 8, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #3 of 31
I don't know about the new XBA A3s, but I hated the H3s. Just a generally sucky pair of IEMs. I heard A3 is a good improvement, but not willing to try Sony again until they have an instant classic like the EXKs. 

CKR10 definitely has that bass impact and crisp highs. CKR9 was too screamingly bright for me. I guess that's why people recommend CKR9LTD since that is closer to CKR10 sound. 

BUT, if OP wants something like TF10, there really isn't a good replacement in the market for that super fun TF10 sound. Even UE900 is mediocre. And CKR10's kind of thumping bass+crisp high is really different from TF10's bass and high. Maybe try JVC's FX850? I haven't personally owned them like I have the CKR9,CKR10, UE900, H3, SE535, W4, EPH100, etc.

I really miss the pre-logitech UE...

Feb 8, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #4 of 31
The triples were exciting. I found myself looking for any reason to use them. Those and Audio Tech's es10s were my introduction into the next level after the everyday basics. They made me hear music in a way I never heard before. That being said, the thing I most disliked about the triples were they're ergonomics. My ears have a hard time holding ie's in. A lower profile would be nice along with over the ear wires. Thanks for the input though.

Feb 9, 2015 at 1:26 AM Post #5 of 31
If you choose one of the Sony XBA-H or A or Z models, at least you will be on familiar ground with looks - Like the TF10 they have the Frankenstein bolt thing down to a "T"

I couldn't stand the fit of the Sonys - The W30 is an excellent choice and you can get pretty close to $300 second market.

Feb 9, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #10 of 31
What about the rest of the westone w series? How do they compare? Really I'm looking for a similar sound signiture as the triple's but with a better quality if sound and a lower profile. Good sound canceling qualities is a must. Thanks again

Feb 10, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #14 of 31
I'm looking for an upgrade from the triple fi's with similar fun sound signiture. The Dunu 1000's seem great, but is it an upgrade? I know there cheaper than the triples were.

Don't let the price fool you. They are a fantastic set of IEM's. Very bright and extremely detailed with excellent sound stage along with bass that extends nice and low. Good isolation as well. 

Feb 10, 2015 at 11:36 PM Post #15 of 31
I'm looking for an upgrade from the triple fi's with similar fun sound signiture. The Dunu 1000's seem great, but is it an upgrade? I know there cheaper than the triples were.

If you're willing to consider CIEMs, I currently have the demo unit of CustomArt's Music One CIEM and it's a damn good sounding IEM. When you add up the cost of shipping and impressions, it should total at just a bit over 300 USD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back