Looking for something a lot like the A900X but more comfort and bass
Jun 12, 2013 at 12:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Dongle

Head-Fier
I love the sound signature of the A900X. I want very badly to be happy with it. But it feels bulky on my head. Don't get me wrong -- it's not uncomfortable. There's just room for improvement. I've done the rubber-band mod for the 3D wings and it helped quite a bit with sliding. Now it's just that I have these large pads that touch part of my jaw muscle weirdly and my head feels heavy. 

If I'm nit-picking, it could use some more bass. It's not bass anemic at all. In fact, it's likely an accurate representation of a kick drum. I have it software EQ'd and I use a Digizoid (which gives magical bass powers to everything, even my cheap $12 Yurbuds). The bass is tight, accurate, and get very low. I'm just a basshead. But not so much of one that I'd get a can specifically to listen to EDM and movies.

Any suggestions? Or have I begun chasing the dragon? 

Jun 12, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #2 of 2
An inexpensive choice would be to get something like the Philips Cityscape Downtown to compliment your A900x.  They are much more bassy, but keep everything else in check.  They are an awesome headphone especially considering you can find them for 50% off ( $60 or less ) new.  I really like mine for casual listening.

My other recommendations are:

1.)  Audio Technica ATH-M50 ( more bass, more neutral sounding )

2.)  Sennheiser Momentum ( A little emphasis on the low end, great comfort )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back