Looking for someone who makes cables.
Feb 17, 2020 at 8:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

The Torrent

100+ Head-Fier
Looking for companies who make very cheap cables, as 99% of people have told me expensive cables are just snake oil.

specifically I want an audeze el-8 balanced cable. I can buy and send connectors.

or if anyone even knows how to connect the connectors for audeze el-8 can you send a link of some good cheap wire?

im new to this,

thanks

Feb 17, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #2 of 14
Feb 17, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #4 of 14
What does that mean?
Cables don't actually change sound, do they?

most of my audio opinions are built of z reviews, i gotta say, and he says all cables are just snake oil
Maybe, maybe not.

Your/my brain plays a hugh role by fooling the whole time when listening to music. :)

Bought a few cables from FAW to convience myself and my listening situation.
My brain tells me that the Era-1 opens up with them, even the PM-3.
Don't know what's the matter of it, is it the resistance, the look and feel, damping factor or the material of higher quality?
Or just my foolish brain. ^^

The cables have an outstanding feel, they're light and flexible like i've never seen before.
None of the oem cables can compete with a well custom made cable, i think.

Whatever cable you need, i'm sure Matt can, and will make it to your satisfaction.

In the end, it belongs to you wether you'll like it or not.
Pricewise, there's no better option inside EU, i guess.

Apologies if i'm praising to much. ^^ I'm happy with every piece of FAW. :wink:

Edit:
I'm not a believer in audio voodoo. Just to clarify.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #7 of 14
It’s always hard to tell if the cables make a difference. I’ve noticed most of my iems have a noticeable sound difference between cables. Only a few of my over ear headphones have a noticeable difference. Any of my headphones with dynamic speakers do show a difference but the planars seem to be less picky. Another problem is matching the volume when you use balanced cables and the louder sound going from unbalanced to balanced gives a instant *better sound* effect. My two cents, but if you simply want a balanced cable for the planars then I’m sure any cable will be fine.

Feb 26, 2020 at 1:33 AM Post #8 of 14
There are a lot cable makers in Thailand at reasonable price. You may need to contact in facebook page as followed. I think they can make one and send to you.

- DIY mania Cable upgrade
- Point Cableofpoint
- Cable by Tiger X-Fi
- Headphoneguru

Mar 25, 2020 at 1:01 AM Post #10 of 14
20200324_131736_HDR.jpg20200324_212951_HDR.jpg

Definitely try out Mavismodz. I heard of them from a guy I know who owns almost a hundred headphones in his lifetime and know his headphones and cables. You can't beat this cable, and I found it to be an upgrade from Periapt Cables, too. I chose the colors of my favorite NFL team, the Seattle Seahawks.

You can read my review here:

Mavismodz cable review

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #11 of 14
Mar 29, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #12 of 14
What does that mean?
Cables don't actually change sound, do they?

most of my audio opinions are built of z reviews, i gotta say, and he says all cables are just snake oil

Z reviews entertaining, but he's definitely not the End all be all when it comes to audio knowledge. There are people far more knowledgeable and have far more sensitive hearing than him. I mean, he says the Chord Qutest is overrated and sounds like everything else, but I have it and it's definitely an improvement than my previous two Dacs. Plus the way he sets up that test w/ the switchers compromised the sound quality from the beginning.

Mar 29, 2020 at 5:10 PM Post #13 of 14
Maybe each person is different but i was definitely of the cynic crowd when it came to cables. I no longer am a cynic. However, you're not going to have two completely different sounding "iems" with cable swaps. I notice subtle things like maybe a little more low end extension or treble sounds tighter depending on what cable you are swapping, too. Id say it more alters or enhances than it does change.

Mar 29, 2020 at 5:25 PM Post #14 of 14
Maybe each person is different but i was definitely of the cynic crowd when it came to cables. I no longer am a cynic. However, you're not going to have two completely different sounding "iems" with cable swaps. I notice subtle things like maybe a little more low end extension or treble sounds tighter depending on what cable you are swapping, too. Id say it more alters or enhances than it does change.

Well of course, there's not always a big jump in quality, but even changing power cable on my Cayni HA-300 amp from the stock to the Morrow Audio MAP3 power cable brought immediate difference that I can hear. Same thing w/ changing a stock USB cable to the Morrow Audio Reference USB as well as the Analysis Plus Purple USB cable.

As for my Audeze, going to the 4-core OCC Mavismodz cable brought better treble extension and slightly more fullness to the bass compared to the Periapt I had before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back