Looking for some rocking phones for under $250
Apr 27, 2003 at 9:24 PM Post #16 of 30
Big difference between my SR80s and 325s, amazing for rock. But it sounds like you have yor heart set on a new type (i.e., non Grado) cans.

Apr 27, 2003 at 9:31 PM Post #17 of 30
It's not that I definitly want a new type (They sr80's are a little fatiguing), I would like to listen to the whole Grado line, along with the other senns 580's and 600's along with the top end ATH's and the CD3000's but, I can wish in one hand and #$%$ in the other because I'm never going to get a chance to try out all those phones.

Apr 28, 2003 at 3:43 AM Post #18 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by williamgoody
From what I have I really prefer the SR225's for Rock music. If you need a closed phone you might try the 770's, or my first choice, the DT831's

audition beyer 770s! and tell me how you like them

Apr 28, 2003 at 5:36 AM Post #19 of 30
Let me be the first one to recommend the Ultrasone HFI 650 .

I'm in love with them. Of course, the source is as important as the cans.

Apr 28, 2003 at 5:50 AM Post #20 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by jazzchef
Let me be the first one to recommend the Ultrasone HFI 650 .

I'm in love with them. Of course, the source is as important as the cans.

They're wonderful for rock too. A little bright/harsh sounding out of a soundcard or portable, but just right out of my new SACD player
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 28, 2003 at 6:50 AM Post #21 of 30
I'd recommend the Alessandro MSIIs. Last time I had them I was really happy with them. They do rock really well and had really good soundstaging. I think I bought them for really cheap last time from a store in NJ (Under $230) However, I can't remember where and what the store is called and the headwize forums doesn't seem to have any of my threads there left.

Apr 28, 2003 at 7:53 AM Post #22 of 30
Quote:

Big difference between my SR80s and 325s, amazing for rock.

Excellent, I got my JMT built META42 last Thursday, and when I wake up in 8 hours, my SR-225s should be here.

Farewell SR-80s. In the four days i've been using them amped (Had them for two years now without an amp) it's been pretty amazing. I'm dying to hear my new SR-225s.

Apr 28, 2003 at 11:13 AM Post #23 of 30
Well, I just kinda went an entirely different route and purchased the etymotic ER4s from Jeff Guidry. I've been wanting to purchase some ety's for awhile now and the opportunity presented itself so I jumped on it, at worst I've tried them and will sell or trade them back on here. At best, I've found a good match apparently they hardly ever fail to impress. I'm looking forward to the experience of trying them. Any tips or comments on my purchase?

Apr 28, 2003 at 11:44 AM Post #24 of 30
ok.... tips on etys..... don't judge them until you've listened to them for at least half an hour. Some people find their lack of coloration boring and end up returning them immediately, come on here, and flame us ety owners for being bland individuals. Let the natural sound of the etys encompass your entire being. Allow the etys to penetrate your inner soul and expunge the horrible sounds from your body. Let the uncoloration linger in your toes and work its way to your stomach, where it will expell all your inner demons which have been allowing you to continue your search for better phones, because you have found it. You will have reached the pinnacle of headphone sound.

After your life-renewing listen to the etys, you will drive to Don Wilson's house. You will shave your head, wear large black robes, and swear allegiance to his interstellar forces. Then you will find yourself manning large interstellar fighter craft in battles against extra-terrestrial demons. These are the demons that we have expunged from our inner selves using the power of the etys. They are trying to make their way back to earth and enact their revenge by infusing themselves into the hearts and souls of those in the social in-crowd. They force them to buy Sony streetstyles and ****ty earbuds made in Greenland to ensure that they will no longer be expunged from our bodies. I am already in the interstellar cavalry division 3. We just lost a good soldier and need somebody to fill his space. You alone can help us now. You alone can bring peace to the galaxy. Join us.

Apr 28, 2003 at 11:50 AM Post #25 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by AIM9x
ok.... tips on etys..... don't judge them until you've listened to them for at least half an hour. Some people find their lack of coloration boring and end up returning them immediately, come on here, and flame us ety owners for being bland individuals. Let the natural sound of the etys encompass your entire being. Allow the etys to penetrate your inner soul and expunge the horrible sounds from your body. Let the uncoloration linger in your toes and work its way to your stomach, where it will expell all your inner demons which have been allowing you to continue your search for better phones, because you have found it. You will have reached the pinnacle of headphone sound.

After your life-renewing listen to the etys, you will drive to Don Wilson's house. You will shave your head, wear large black robes, and swear allegiance to his interstellar forces. Then you will find yourself manning large interstellar fighter craft in battles against extra-terrestrial demons. These are the demons that we have expunged from our inner selves using the power of the etys. They are trying to make their way back to earth and enact their revenge by infusing themselves into the hearts and souls of those in the social in-crowd. They force them to buy Sony streetstyles and ****ty earbuds made in Greenland to ensure that they will no longer be expunged from our bodies. I am already in the interstellar cavalry division 3. We just lost a good soldier and need somebody to fill his space. You alone can help us now. You alone can bring peace to the galaxy. Join us.

I will do my best [Salutes]

Apr 28, 2003 at 12:47 PM Post #26 of 30
I would agree with AIM9x on this
smily_headphones1.gif

Etys are that good, alleast to me.

I had the Grado 325s and they do have slam and upfrontness which livens up rock music but they are fatiguing in the long run

cheers

Apr 28, 2003 at 1:27 PM Post #27 of 30
I suppose my entirely cracked out post seems normal to you people. That truly makes me wonder how many drugs you people must be under the influence of when you read/post on Head-Fi. I know how many I am (am not) under the influence of.

by the way, don't ask why I haven't slept at all this night/morning. If you do, I will drive to your house, sleep in your bed, eat your food, use your toilet, listen to your audio gear, watch your TV, play with your pets (or significant others, whichever the case may be), read your books, surf your internet, borrow your tools, and wash myself in your sink (I've taken showers in less,
biggrin.gif
).

Apr 28, 2003 at 1:38 PM Post #28 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by AIM9x
I suppose my entirely cracked out post seems normal to you people. That truly makes me wonder how many drugs you people must be under the influence of when you read/post on Head-Fi. I know how many I am (am not) under the influence of.

by the way, don't ask why I haven't slept at all this night/morning. If you do, I will drive to your house, sleep in your bed, eat your food, use your toilet, listen to your audio gear, watch your TV, play with your pets (or significant others, whichever the case may be), read your books, surf your internet, borrow your tools, and wash myself in your sink (I've taken showers in less,
biggrin.gif
).

confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

uhh... yeah... why don't you just... get some sleep..
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back